Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Duff will sign for Chelsea tonight!

• 21-07-2003 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Damien Duff has told Sky Sports news that he will sign for Chelsea tonight.

DUFF: I'M GOING TO CHELSEA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

They're going to have the basis for a team that will challenge for years to come soon. They need a goal poacher and a right midfielder now.

Cue silly season in the transfer market...

Magpies slap £25m tag on Dyer from TeamTalk

Newcastle have slapped a £25m price tag on Kieron Dyer amid speculation that Chelsea and Manchester United are ready to test the water.

Reports over the weekend claimed that the Blues' billionaire owner Roman Abramovich has sanctioned a move for Dyer or team-mate Jermaine Jenas, and with Sir Alex Ferguson looking to replace David Beckham, the Magpies are bracing themselves.

It is understood that the Magpies have little intention of selling Dyer and none at all of allowing any club to prise Jenas, a £5m signing from Nottingham Forest as an 18-year-old, from their grasp.

However, in the current climate, every player has his price, and if either Chelsea or the Premiership champions even want to get to the point of talking to Dyer, they will have to start at £25m.

"We don't want to sell Kieron Dyer and we don't have to sell him," a United source in Malaysia, where the club is taking part in the inagural FA Premier League Asia Cup, said. "But every player has his price.

"That price for Kieron Dyer is £25m, and it is only right that both Chelsea and Manchester United should know."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭hoolio

Personally i don't care if we lose Dyer at all,i'd sell him for 10 million so 25 will do nicely thanks very much.He's just not needed - Bowyer and Solano are better on the right and in the centre my first choice would be Speed and Jenas,and thats not even starting to include Viana and Ambrose.

If we lost Jenas i'd be devestated,he's one of the best all round footballing prospects anywhere from the past few years and he's got to be destined for great things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

A magnificant signing for CFC they are laying down the foundations, signing players from PL.
    so gutted to see Soxy go but Bridge has lots of potential.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

It's a done deal now

From Sky Sports
    Damien Duff has completed his £17million move from Blackburn to Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I wonder how much Duffs agent made?

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement