Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a tv + extras

Options
  • 21-07-2003 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

right my dad wants to buy a new tv i dont have a clue what he should go for but i said id try and ask . im sure somone hear must know whats good and whats crap read a few threads so im staying away from black dimond

hes willing to spend 2k on the tv. 700 on the sound system , and about 2-300 on the dvd player anyone got a link or places i can buy these in dublin/galway/cork/anywhere thx any info supplied would be classic

flat screen is a must i think but dosnt have to be a lcd r plasma . size dose count for a lot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭redneck

head for a sony centre ull get the top of the range sony 32" for under 2k and a v good sound sytem without dvd for €529 and if you need a dvd player aswell they start at €169. The one on O'Connell Street (dublin) seem to by v good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

thx for the rec. but are sony that good from what ive read they can be overpriced for what they give out ?

i may be wrong but seems u pay a lot more for just there name

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I would also recommend Sony equipment. Have a Sony widescreen TV (getting another one soon) and Sony Home Cinema system. Never had any problems with them and the pic quality on the TV is excellent.

When getting the DVD player do your best to get a multi region one. Munster Sounds in Cork will usually be able to supply a modified one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Sony WEGA.... Need I say more?

John

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Definitly go for Sony, I'd be lost without mine. My whole kit is Sony & I've never had a problem

I wouldn't advise going to a Sony Centre , they generally charge a lot more than some other shops for the same TV or home cinema system.

Best bet would probably be to try DID Electrical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Like ShaneOC said, try and get a multi-region dvd player.
    Most (if not all) Sony dvd players have to be chipped, there is no remote hack for them.

Advertisement