Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bombarding me with ring tones at 1.67E a txt

• 21-07-2003 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Ok!!

I sent a message to a Ringtone site advertised in the Sunday world. Cant remember the name but ill look it up.

I sent 2 messages, for 2 different ringtones.

I received 2 ringtones bk. They were both the same and they were wrong. Called "fly on the wall" or some crap like that.

Got my fone bill, its a bill fone, there 14 preium txts at E1.67 each which is E23.

I foned O2 to block them txting me, im being charged for txts from them thanking me for getting a tone, abnd advertising crap.

O2 gave me a no. to fone them up, and a no. to unscribe. As far as i know i didnt subscribe to anything, i jus twanted 2 ringtones.

What happens now?? Im not paying for something i didnt get and O2 wont block their no.

Ive 2 try foneing them (ringtone company) again, was holding for ages lasttime and jsut gave up.

I was going to just pay the E23 and let tha tbe the end of, but now i keep getting txts from them so obviously i cant let it go on. And why shud i pay for something i didnt receive.

The company is Opera acc to O2, anyone have any advice or any similar experiences. Whats the chances ill get refunded, or credited bk.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Try actually calling the number you were given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Rander009

I did. It just rings on and on and on and on and on.......

If i get de number blocked apparently O2 will have to block all numbers. Does this mean i cant receive any txts, and can i send?

They wont block it for you. They could remove your ability to receive messages and this would stop you getting them. Unfortunately you would still be charged.

How will i still b charged? If it was a credit fone wit no credit, how could they charge. Surely if i block them they cant charge 4 something i didnt receive??

Wot do you think i shud do. Just keep foneing til i get to speak to some nob that prob wont help. If der as bad as the O2 support, i can see this costing quite a bit.

If the crowd who are sending you the message dont answer, you will have to get O2 to act on it. Alternatively I would suggest the communication regulator - Comreg..

I am nearly 100% sure that you will get charged, you get charged when they send the tone as oppossed to when you actually receive it. When they send the tone, it will fail pretty much immediately however, they may stop sending it to you if they notice it constantly failing. Doubt it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

O2 should smarten up and help you out here. After all, with number portability, you can move if they don't. It won't help the messages, but Voda or Meteor might have a better fix or be prepared to help you out more than O2. Even if they don't have to, they should intervene on your behalf. It is blatant abuse of one of O2's customers.

Trust me, Meteor and Vodafone would be just as bad. I would contact Comreg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    Trust me, Meteor and Vodafone would be just as bad. I would contact Comreg.
    Aye, contact Comreg - it's part of what they're for. Might be worth giving the data protection commissioner a ring (details at www.dataprivacy.ie), even though what's going on here is slightly different from this thread. You can't get through to the unsubscribe number and hence the data protection commissioner comes into play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Contact RegTel - they're the guys whos brief is to deal with such complaints, and have the power to shut premium rate operators down.

I got bk onto O2. They gave me a new no., cancelled the old no.

They gave me another no. to fone the company, as they tried the original ones they gave me themselves and couldnt get thru either.

Ive to fone that yet when i get home, will let yis know what happens a sregards refunds, ect... and what they have to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

02 reverse bill unlike vodafone, i.e. you should only get content / tones if they succesfully bill you, thats the idea anyway.

So when u are prepay and have no credit if they are sending you stuff they are fscking up, and you get it for free!

Yeah, but ive a bill fone not a speakeasy.

Anyway, i got it sorted, there refunding me, tried to fob me off for E12, saying they`d no record of the other txts sent, so i faxed them a copy of the bill.

E23.68 euros worth. Getting it bk in full.

HAd yto change my no. though, dont mind as its a class no. i got, not like the original. First no. change is free with O2 nyway.

Advertisement