Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Pen Drives

• 21-07-2003 10:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭

where can i get the cheapest 512mb USB2.0 pen drive is komplett the cheapest for these products?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

check around the main computer parts sites and memory sites. Looked at one or two other sites, more expensive than komplett, have a lookie, list of sites in another post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

A 512MB usb pen from komplett (manufacturer is Twinmos) costs €144 (excluding p&p)...

Or you could get a 20GB 2.5" hard drive (9.5mm thick) from komplett (manufacturer is hitachi) for €101 (probably €110 with p&p) and a usb2.0 to 2.5" laptop drive case from ebay (manufacturer is IBM) .. The price will vary, but I got one of these for about €23 incl p&p and insurance, seller is in the states and has 418 sales and 99.8% customers happy ...
    If you got one for €30 with postage and packing, along with the €110 for the drive, then you have 20Gb of pocket sized storage for less than the 512MB pen drive ...

Before anyone starts I KNOW that the pen drive is significantly smaller and more robust, but 40 times the storage (35 times after formatting??) is well worth it IMO

[edit] I should point out that I havent received mine yet (only won it yesterday) so I cant vouch for its effectiveness, I have heard that the case is good quality and generally people are not having problems with this particular IBM case.[/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭napalm@night

if thats excatly what you want i doubt you'll beat komplett their probs the best for all things tehno! i bought surrond sound + card + a spindle of dvd+rs cudnt find any of the 3 cheaper anywhere and i had a gud luk around plus if you order it before 11 that morning and its in stock chances are you'll have it next day! very kol me thinks....

Advertisement