Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a case please - Thermaltake or Lian Li

• 21-07-2003 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at buying a new case and I think I have the choice down to two.
    Either this one:
    Lian Li PC7

Or this one:
    Thermaltake Xaser 11

Prices look bloody good (especially with the $ on the weak side) and he ships to Ireland for $25!

Which would you go for?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

tbh i don't like either but if i had to pick one of them i'd pick the first one.

check out this case though it's mine and it's cool

http://www.geocities.com/cr3mo/Computer/case.jpg

i got it from komplett bit expensive though 170 euros without psu

*edit* stupid geocities copy link into new window and it should come up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Adrian

lian li is cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Personally im a Xaser II fan, have one myself and it really is brilliant quality. Has 5 silent fans included, locking front pannell and looks great. Heavey case. Keeps your Mobo very cool indeed, pretty good for overclocking 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

the Thermaltake looks Sweet! i'm even considering on buying it. Was lookin for a new case, not too pricey either! might go with the 6000 model though :) pitty they only take paypal, i hate paypal :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

i got a thermaltake xaser III a while ago and i'd say go for the thermaltake - they're just a solid build and look and are sweet....ttake all the way!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

I have a thermaltake xaser III which i love but it haw a few niggles. The temperature guage yoke reports the processor temp at about 10 degrees less that the bios says, one of the buttons was mssing when i got it, and the case doesnt lock properly :/

Spike if you havent had the same problems i might give eara a ring

Otherwise it is a sweet case!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 aragornking

I've had a Lian Li for years. Great heavy case. However, the second seems very good. Won't you have to pay customs to get it into Irleand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Depends on how he sends it and how he labels it. I might ask him to mark it as samples or repaired parts.

That's 4 to 3 in favour of the Thermaltake so far.

I ordered the Thermaltake 11 and a couple of nice colourful rounded ide cables to go inside, shipped airmail, all for ~ €120. Seems like a steal to me :D

Also he's going to put it down as repaired parts with a value of $30 so hopefully no customs to pay.

*If you are a customs officer, please ignore the preceeding statement. Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

report back with how you got on, if everythings fine I'll follow your lead :)

• Advertisement

Unbelievable service I must say! Got an e-mail on Thursday to say it had been shipped and it arrived today. I have ordered much smaller items on Ebay, been charged roughly the same and had to wait weeks.
    Only got a chance to take it out of the box and give it a quick once over before I had to go to work :( and I must say it looks like a top quality bit of kit.
    I highly recommend these guys !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

DO those american case,s work with Eu motherboards etc ??

btw whats the Yanky/Eu exchange rate now adays

It's a standard ATX case so everything will fit. If it came with a power supply that would probably be useless as the septics use 120v, not our 220v, although some PSUs have a switch to select the input voltage.

Check here for currency conversion.

Advertisement