Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motorbike Parking in dublin

Options
  • 21-07-2003 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi

Being a new biker in town - I am looking for advice as to the best (and safest) places to park up whilst out in Dublin for an evening...either North or Southside. also places to avoid from experience!
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Stephens Green/College of Surgeons car park is open 24 hours. Don't know how much they charge for bikes but it's only about 5 euros total to park between 6pm and 10am. It'd be off the street:)

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

South Anne Street. You'll usually find a few bikers in Bruxelles or thereabouts. Anyhow, there are usually serveral bikes parked opposite BRuxelles or in South Anne Street. At weekends you'll see a few Goldwings knocking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You will be glad to know on street parking is free for ordinary motorbikes (the bye-laws seem to be silent on side cars).

Just avoid parking in the clearways, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ya, park in front of Bruxelles, and the bouncers will shoo any knackers they see messing with bikes. Up in front of Stephen's green would be fairly safe, but there are few bikes there. Best thing is to do what I do when I first started parking during the day - have a quick look around for places where all the other bikers park their bikes, and stick it there. :)

Also, some of the multi-storey guys can be convinced to let you in for free, so long as you park it in a corner or something.

If you're going to be leaving it overnight, I'd advise putting it into a multistorey. Not worth the risk otherwise.

:)

Advertisement