Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it normal

Options
  • 22-07-2003 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

With the ear piercings on my lobe when i get them done within a month they will swell up ferociously and i have to squees them otherwise it hurts like mad, is that normal they swell up becuase of fluid and i was wondering if their was a better way to reduce the swelling . thx
    ps.what happens to the top of ur ear if that pierced:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

I didn't have any problem with swelling when I had my ear lobes done. My ears were red for a day or so and my lobes were tender for a while but at no stage did they swell up.
    I'd advise going to a professional piercing place and asking their advice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I've never had any problem with my ear lobe swelling up, never heard of anyone. just went red for the first day
    have you got any other piercings? what way did you get your ear done? was it by the gun or by the needle fo you can put a ring in it right away?
    The only problem I had with my ear was when I got the top of it done it was always swelling and going out of shape, but now about 7 years down the line its quite settled and grand - it just takes time on different people,
    have you tried taking zinc tablets? I know only for your ear.. but you never know it could help

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Or it could be a metal allergy...where did you get the piercing done? If it was Claire's or somewhere similar, the jewellery they use is cheap, nasty rubbish.
    Or you could be one of the small percentage who are allergic to surgical steel....
    Go back to your piercer (if you got piercing done with a gun in claire's accessories etc...go to a proper piercer for advice) and see what they say, you might need to change to titanium jewellery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 BigglesWorth

Nah i wouldnt say so because my other piercing is fine(ear), I clean it a bit but i havnt for the past 2 weeks on holidays so it might have set it off or somthing, although the pool water should have cleaned it shouldnt it?

Advertisement