Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shaving

• 22-07-2003 1:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Just wondering if you find this a bit werid...I like to shave with no shaving foam just water ,i've being doing this for the past 10yrs & my skin is fine, does anyone else go without or am I just a freak?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

tbh i dont use water even. its faster. i get the odd spot of irritation if i shave too close but other than that its grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

WTF no dont do that to yourselves that is some kind of sado stuff.

I have to moisturising Shaving foam or i will end up in a rash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Use an electric razor most of the time or sometimes just a blade without water, it doesn't really bother me skin's fine and dandy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

good god, if i tried that id be calling for an ambulance
    "and how many pints of blood have u lost.........???"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

lucky you........

the thought of shaving used to give me a rash....
    now i use an electric shaver and life is better no rashes and it takes less time to shave. Also dont have to worry about blades/shaving foam or water i can shave anywhere theres a mirror. Only wish id tried it sooner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Caffine

i use just water and never had a problem

tis nice and fast too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

Ouch..shaving with just water is bad for me..I use a lovely scented shaving gel that turnes into foam....I would knick my self to pieces with anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I wet shaved for a long time, then used foam for a long time, and recently tryed wet shaving and was in fluting agony.
    I dunno if the skin softened up, or the hair got tougher or what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Can't do tried it before, i have a nice scar on the bottom of my chin from trying to shave just wet:(
    Foam all the way baby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭Silent Bob

I'm too lazy to use a proper razor. Electric shaver all the way baby!*

*when I can be arsed to shave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

i dunno, my skin is quite smooth and un-tough
    only nick myself if i'm unlucky. i use a gilette mach3...shaves better than others i've tried.

I only really need water if i've let it grow just past stubble really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

have to be hounest, i prefer the sound assistance of foam, if not then it burns, and oh boy does it burn

Little trick i use is dampen the hair first and let it soak for a minute, softens the hair, and that is my secret to the world.

:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

Little trick i use is dampen the hair first and let it soak for a minute, softens the hair, and that is my secret to the world.

Could be the logic behind all the old westerns when you see the steamy towel around their necks before the shaving begins with that horrid looking straight razor?

Sounds good though. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

similar the the above if you wet your face in warm water then lather soap over the area it softens it up ,
    then put on the shaving foam over it ,
    bestest nicest shave i have ever had is dis way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Electric shavers all the way!

Better yet! FACIAL HAIR!

Advertisement