Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious problems with Philips DVD+RW drive

• 22-07-2003 9:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

hope someone can help me with this,

I got the Philips DVD+RW D001 drive with my Dell PC, it's sad but I hadn't got around to using the DVD writing features very much until about 6 weeks ago, I installed a couple of different packages - one being Instant CD & DVD, this seems to have taken control of the drive and when I tried uninstalling it it crashed - leaving me unable to do anything as the Drive is now not being read properly.

I've tried updating the Firmware for the drive, upgrading the driver is no use as there is doesn't seem to be any updates anywhere and also detaching and reattaching the drive, all to no avail, Dell don't have much info about the drive apart from lots of people complaining about it and I'd really like to get it working again, any ideas or information would be much appreciated.....

thanks,
    Stevo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 gabbogalway

Hi,

I'm getting a dell laptop next week with that drive! Hope mine goes ok. Check this link out, also check out the Dimension Forum. There is lots of info there to help I hope.

http://delltalk.us.dell.com/supportforums/board?board.id=insp_cdrom

Gabbo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

If it is it won't have that drive in it, and if it does don't get it..........the drive only writes to DVD+RW media, which is still expensive enough.......

anyway, it's really bugging me that it's becoming this difficult to reinstall etc.........the support for it is crap, thanks for the link - but it's all the same stuff I've already seen - how the drive doesn't do anything but write DVD+RW etc........

cheers anyway

Advertisement