Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RANT (idea)

Options
  • 22-07-2003 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

could we have a RANT board ? Everybody needs to rant sometimes.
    Rant board would allow this to happen without causing trouble in other boards by people who are not interested in reading this.
    RANT could be a good topic maker, funny, revealing, thought provoking..etc etc.

or would this be the 'letters to the editor' board ?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

The Debating Chamber should be up and running shortly after DeV comes back from his holidays. Hopefully it'll be more than just ranting though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

Rant wouldn't be about debating , it's something you can participate in or understand but also just read it.
    It's about letting go 'all that is wrong in this world of yours' and share these views with any who wants to listen , i think the 'Debate' board will be more controlled and have a allready made up topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Very often we get rants in Humanities, which turn into debates sometimes. The other place we get them is in the Journals, but they're usually a little more personal in nature.

Originally posted by amp
    Very often we get rants in Humanities, which turn into debates sometimes. The other place we get them is in the Journals, but they're usually a little more personal in nature.

true you'll find RANT there but its not always welcomed.
    I find them a good read and often people who RANT publicly do have a point. Journals have a small or none target audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

I see what you mean now. A general complaint about the world "rant rant rant... and another thing!... rant rant rant" type of place?

The journals are great for that tbh. As for the journals not having much of a target audience, has Boards even got a "target audience"? I wasn't aware we were aiming at any one thing in particular. :)

• Advertisement

heh fair enough Puck , my comment about target audience might be a bit off :)
    But, i actually have never looked at Journals because it would be easier to collect RANT in a boards format, see the titles and select which one you want to read instead of trying your luck and hope for the best :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I like the idea of the rant thing but people will come in and start correcting you on this and that and start arguing with you, the journals are great for avoiding the argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

As a matter of fact how do you sign up for a journal anyway.

RunFree

PM me the answer if you can be easier for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by Runfree
    As a matter of fact how do you sign up for a journal anyway.

RunFree

PM me the answer if you can be easier for me.

you need to become a subscriber. you get lots of little extras for €50 a year or €5 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Wook
    true you'll find RANT there but its not always welcomed.
    I find them a good read and often people who RANT publicly do have a point. Journals have a small or none target audience.

But you think this Rant forum wouldn't have a small or none target audience? Devores journal has been read nearly 4000 times, and that's just one journal.

• Advertisement

RANT would off course me moderated and in this case ..the RANTer's favour... It's not about correcting people to be PC correct but because you have some issues yourself.

You named one Journal , Devore's...
    ass kisser :D
    but euh, you might be right with if people would enjoy reading them, because otherwise it could end up with another of those mothball boards.

will it die a horrible slow death in the feedback boards allready ?
    I think it's a great idea with HUGE potential...(ahum)

Com'n we all love to RANT sometimes :) In fact we need it !

edit:bumper-post

Advertisement