Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Q's

Options
  • 22-07-2003 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Ok ive herd Live is pretty good, But is it worth Paying Per year for a service if it ends up being Bull. After looking around on the Net ive have seen loads of Negative feed back on it. Some reasons would be the Lag in most games even tho everyone one is on DSL or Cable and that it can only hold 16 People Max, so heres my questions

1. Are there many dedicated servers on Live?
    2. Do Wolf and Unreal Lag with more than 10 People?
    3. How does the whole Playerlist thing work is it like Gamespy or what?

Well thanks for the help,

StormFox

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i have been on live for about 6 weeks now and i will be staying on it because it's been mostly good .

1) not as many as i thought there would be, mainly people setting up there own dedicated server's, so your going into live then onto the server from there , peer 2 peer kinda thing , so if the person hosting decides to play something else , you have to look for another server .

2) it depends on the server, when you go to host a game the xbox gives you the recommended number of players your connection can play well with.

i have played on some 16 player rtcw servers with no lag and i have played on some 6 person servers with lag, but 90% of the games i have played so far on live have had no lag.

3) the friends list works very well ( imho ) you can see if people in your friends list are on-live and either invite them to join you in a game ( if theres room ) or they can invite you to join them ( if theres room ).

xbox live 2 will make things easier as you will be able to talk to people on your friends list from the xbox dashboard or the in game lobby.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Clover
    xbox live 2 will make things easier as you will be able to talk to people on your friends list from the xbox dashboard or the in game lobby.

Can you not talk to people in the game lobby now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Can you not talk to people in the game lobby now?

you have to be in the same server, with xbox live 2 you will be able to talk to people on your friends list by setting up a chat session in the dashboard and sending out invites to join the chat.

so you dont need to have the same games in order to talk to your friends anymore. and it is a private chat , only people you invite in will be able to get into it.

it will make it alot easier to communicate with the people on your friends list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

How does Xbox Live compare to Playing Games Online on a PC, Could you Give sum Pros and Cons for each one? Im waiting for broadband ive played Online on the PC before and its mad fun, i jus want to know if Xbox live is worth the dough when i can play the PC online 4 free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Beck Amerdam

In case you missed it I noticed that there was a whole 4 page post about Live questions a few weeks ago, maybe that'll answer some of your questions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

If you have an XBox and broadband just buy it.. Its only 50 quid or so anyway. Regardless of that fact, its a good laugh at the moment and it will only get better...

Stormfox....looking back on the previous thread you asked pretty much identical questions and had them answered fully last time. Why are you asking again?
    It's only €50 or so, it doesn't need too much thought and you'll figure it all out when you get it I guess.

Heres the catch i cant get Broadband :), until September anyway when the Newbridge Exchange gets upgraded. I guess ur rite The price aint to bad.

To be honest, its not worth the debate. When ya get broadband just buy the Live kit. **** it like

Damn straight, View it as buying a game then

• Advertisement

Word g :D

Gioca online ORA!

Advertisement