Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

couple of questions

Options
  • 22-07-2003 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

yeah so i'm pretty new to bf 1942, like i just played it a couple of times at nethouse, so i just have a couple questions. So is dc a downloadable mod or is it an expansion pack thing? and also any tip on how to fly the helicopter or the planes cuz i just kept crashing and couldn't really get anywhere.

also i just remebered about the star wars mod of bf1942. Does anybody know when its going to be released? I couldn't find much on their site on jolt?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

In answer to your questions

1) Desert combat is a downloadable mod for the moment, winters has all the file mirrors for it on this froum somewhere, there is talk of it becoming an expansion pack for BF1942 sometime in the future, but ive heard no talk about it since, also if you wait a month or 2 itll be on all the pcgames mags anyways

2) Do a search on this forum, all the tips and tricks for flying helicopers and such was posted awhile ago

3)No more info on the star wars mod only whats on the site im afraid

Regards

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Desert Combat, as shinzon said is a free downloadable mod for BF. It is not an expansion pack and the DC team have no current plans to release it as an expansion pack but they wish to some time in the future. Get the latist DC [.38n] from here [Blueyonder].

Best way to fly helicopters and planes is practice. I find a joystick helps a lot, specially if you are starting off as it is more comfortable and natural to fly with. There are lots of flying tips on the forums just search to find them.

The star wars mod, galactic conquest will be relesing there mod, as a demo/alpha, on 1st August [My Birthday. arnt they so kind :D ]. It will have some custom maps and a good few weapons and veichals etc. Not too many details on it are around but the release date is set :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

The star wars mod, galactic conquest will be relesing there mod, as a demo/alpha, on 1st August [My Birthday. arnt they so kind ]. It will have some custom maps and a good few weapons and veichals etc. Not too many details on it are around but the release date is set

oh dear god my modem just fell over, sigh

shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

Ok so i just downloaded battlefield1942 and had it installed not much has changed, but one big thing did my connection. I have an ISDN connection and i have a geforce4 ti but i keep getting f**ked up ping i went from having 95ping on an English server with the old version but now i get up to 290lowest and at the highest i get 8000 what the f**k is the deal with that and do you now how i can fixit, also you must note the fact that even with my geforce4 ti i hav everything on low even the sound but to no avail.

I realy need help!

Can you give me a hand?

I have one more question! How can i play on a site that is playing battle of britian without downloading it? Can i not just download while there playing like counter-strike?

Thx Supafly also i see you hav been watchin joecartoons hehehe!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

My God, why would turning down the graphical details affect your ping?
    If your card can render it at the required speed, it will sound. No problems. BUT if your ping is too bad (due to you connection and the related factors - I explained these in another thread on this board) the stream of data needed to produce the scene for rendering will be interuppte, leaving the card rendering the same scene for a few miliseconds. The load on your card won't affect your ping, but a bad ping will affect your graphics. I don't know why people ever thought otherwise.

You can't download maps in-game because they're so bloody big and would sap the server of bandwidth. Far far easeier to tell people to get up off their arse and go download/install it seperately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

There was an issue with people with ISDN they had to chage their connection speed to either 56k or DSL for it to work right.

Try that .

wow if only the cs/hl op flash peeps where this nice

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

yeah put it down to 56k that works i had the same prob (same specs too gf4 and isdn) all i did was change ingame search to 56k and i can play again. DONT USE GAMESPY they just suck...

ok lads some thing realy wierd has happened. ok let me start this story for the start. I just recently joined a clan for battlefield1942, called IFF [ International Frag Force] and i hav had no problum with connecting to their site apart from my ping but 4 the past few days i hav been trying to even get to play battlefield1942 v1.4. It starts off grand but when i get passed the cut seen and all the rest it f**ks up. I dont understand ok this is what happened, because my bro put a admin block on playing internet games or any for that fact i havent noticed the problum untill now. do u know when your in and it says choose your profile? well i cant choose one, infact my mouse wont respond and my bro ran an atni virus scan and it found nothing. He took his admin block off too. this is wierd so i uninstalled it and then reinstalled it but the same thing happend! Any ideas on what the problum is? Also i think i shud say that the mouse works fine out side battlefield1942 but doesnt respond in it!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :confused: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

THX IN ADVANCE :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

There be a mod causing a problem.
    Desert Combat sometimes does that ,try and start a game from ASE.

Also are you using a no cd crack? If so reinstall time they can damage the con files.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

• Advertisement

Ok lads i know what your on about but dont realy now how to do it. ASE or the all seeing eye = what the hell is that and how do i use it? I also would like to say that one of my disc's is slightly cracked in the centre ring but nothing serious. The problum is that when i stick the disc in, reinsall doesnt come up so i cant uninstall it unless i get rid of the hole game and even if i tried that which i did it wont pick up the disc it just says please insert the correct disc or it says the something file has seen a error!

Again i am totaly stumped to this and need help!

THX IN ADVANCE!!!

AND THX FOR THE HELP THE LAST FEW TIMES!!!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by Irish_Kamikaze
    ASE or the all seeing eye = what the hell is that and how do i use it?

install it, let it scan for games installed, then once you open it refresh the server list, and it pings all the game servers it can. You then pick the one with the lowest ping by double clicking on it and then the game will start. My game usually crashes to the desktop if I dont start the game from ASE??

Originally posted by Winters
    Get the latist DC [.38n] from here [Blueyonder].

ok ok, thats a pretty sweet mod alright. I love the helicopters but my one problem is ASE, how do you know the game your about to join is DC or the original B1942?

ase.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

well, i'm just guessing now, and i haven't tried this but i would think ASE would d/l a new filter for that mod, as it seems to do that form all the other games. So there might be another folder/tab that u have to click on to see it, or an option, much like which countries to include. So just check if there is another filter to click on our if there is a check box to tick like "DC only" or something.

Ok im not going to get side tracked here so pay attention this is my real problum:

I hav a Geforce4 Ti.
    WindowsXp.
    Isdn Connection.

Here is the problum i need solved:

My Battlefield1942 v1.4 is ****ed up!

I dont know how but when ever i load it up it plays fine untill the screen that says pick your profile and then the mouse stalls and i cant use the keyboard! But the music is still playing my disc i was using is cracked and even though yesterday i bought a new BF1942 It still has the same problum.
    Now here's were me and my bro think the trouble. The only way to shut down BF1942 is to ctrl alt and delete and we did that and went into performance and it seems the cpu usage is 100% and thats what we think it is but it could be some thing else!

Should the CPU usage be at 100% while running BF1942???

If this has happend to you or any one you know i would much appriciate it if you could help out!!!

And for god sake i dont have the all seeing eye so stop saying to use it cus i have to find were to download it first!!!:mad: :confused::o

Irish_Kamikaze, do a complete reinstall of Battlefield and its mods. I have had a problem before where it just didnt work and a full reinstall sorted everything out.

Make sure you have everything backed up before you reinstall too. Important that ;)

Also for all of yous that are listening i cant uninstall it and i cant find it on the hard drive but it is there!!! so thats why im getting a bit :mad:

i Cant get rid of it, I cant find it and i cant reinstall it so there's one for the books the hiden problum that wont go away!!

ThX For answering the last ones guys but this one is the big Fish that doesnt want to be caught!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:D I went on your witercam and i cant stop laughing its almost as funny as when shinzo said "oh der god my modem fell over sigh" hahahaha how the hell did you do that though and is that you man hehehe! that foot thing is so funny all you see is a note and your foot hahahahahahahahahahha!!!

How u do that?:D :D:D :rolleyes: :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

what an odd person.

you belong on broadway my good man.

ok ....... yes me.

Well, when you say you cant find it please explain. If you cant find the Battlefield folder search for it. Search for the file "bf1942.exe". That should find the Battlefield folder. Also, to uninstall you should find it in the Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel.

also what u said about getting into the game and the profile screen comes up and u can't move the mouse. Well that happened a few times to the game when i was playing it in a netcafe. The guy in the cafe said it was just some settings that someone had changed or something like that. But seriously i think yur just going to have to bite the bullet and do a full clean reinstall for all of it. As winters said just do a search for the .exe file or just go to add/remove, as i can't really see any other way of fixing it. About the CPU usage thing, that is normal for it to use all the cpu's time, cuz yur not going to be doing anything else while playing a game, and to full control. so i veryt much doubt, your is the CPU usage.

• Advertisement

As i said before and ill say it again i cant get the bf1942 file because it isn't showing up. I think its hiding with in a folder or something cuz me and my bro hav searched for it everywhere and he knows what he is doing he does work in computer you know!!

As for reinstalling it, it wont wont wont wont wont wont wont WONT Reinstall It just wont respond even when i stick in the disc it wont run auto setup there is something wrong within the game but i cant see the folder any were!!

I ran a search for it but nothing came up but the funny thing is its still there!!!

I know your trying to help me out guys but all the information your telling me is what i have already done so if it wont work once it wont work twice!!

THX FOR YOUR HELP GUYS BUT I THINK IM GOING TO HAVE TO WIPE MY HOLE HARD DRIVE CLEAN!!!

AND As for that smart arse slagging me off i was saying that i saw your wintercam and thought it was funny. GOD if he ruled the earth we would all be shot for laughing:eek:

HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE????????:( :confused::(:confused::(:confused:

sorry. but you sounded sarcastic and very very loud.in my world you wouldnt be shot for laughing,but being loud would get you a few whips.

this seems a very strange problem and all i can suggest is maybe you have some fu*ked up virus. my advice would be to back up any important files and format your hard drive [formatting is so much fun].

[sorry for asking such a stupid question but are you sure you actually have bf installed on your pc??]

Me funny ...... yes.

Now anywhy. If you cannot actually find the file "bf1942.exe" on your computer, searching files and folders, then i have a large suspicion that that is why its crashing and not working. Dude, do a reinstall. Do you have real copy or did you do the naughty thing and download come ripped version from the net? If you did download a ripped net version go out and buy the real thing.

Besides the above, there is no reason for an official Battlefield to run like you say. If you cannot find the "bf1942.exe" file then all i can say is reinstall.... do a full and complete reinstall. If this is happening with any other programs on your pc it may your PC thats at fault. Do a full virus scan etc. If it is a problem and happens with other programs you may need to format or something.

You problem and the missing "bf1942.exe" makes no sence at all.

:D Thx winters and all of you for helping me i fixed it now:D

i hav have to tell you winters u nailed it when you said look for exe folders:D and suppafly helped me out aswell your all sound as a pound lads!!!

I couldnt reinstall it so i wiped out everything to do with it and then we found more of it in my documents a bit weird and found more of it in my pictures? and loads in the ea games medal of honnor folders which is a bit weird too but we got all of it and thats it so i will cyas all tomorrow on an irish server of your choice from about 22:00. just too cellibrate!! What yee say???

THX THX THX THX THX THX:cool: THX THX THX THX THX

:cool: :cool: :D:D:) :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

id luv to join u (even though i didnt help)

but i cant find any irish servers running JUSt BF1942

yeah that is fairly odd that the files and stuff got distributed to some other folders. Anyway i'm glad u got it sorted, so u can now enjoy yur game:D

blitzkrecker i would gladdly play you on a server but i dont know any irish ones that run bf1942 only. But there are a few english ones and later on tonight i will post one out that has f.u.c.k all people on it then you can orainge a date but we will need a few more people so how about you suppafly or winters wana few games? Winters will proable be able to find a site or maybee suppafly you now a few that wont be full so plz share?

Anyway i have a question for this forum and it goes as follows

WERE CAN I FIND A GOOD SERVER THAT ONLY PLAYS BATTLEFIELD 1942?

oh and thx for everything!!:D :D:D:D :cool: :cool:

/winters goes and gets his 56k playing paraphonalia.

Originally posted by Irish_Kamikaze
    Anyway i have a question for this forum and it goes as follows

WERE CAN I FIND A GOOD SERVER THAT ONLY PLAYS BATTLEFIELD 1942?

Open ASE and give a look. Ive already found 40 Servers in the UK alone. Good server doesnt exist in my book, i only understand laggy and not-as laggy servers. One day this will all change, one day ww)

• Advertisement

Winters what i ment was will you write out your top 5 sites because and wait for it.......................... i dont have the ...................... ase cuz i cant seem to find it!!!

thx winters for that and you still didnt answer are you going to play some time???

[edit] Removed all the many ..........'s. Very annoying making a post that wide - Winters [/edit]

Advertisement