Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Old Car available !

Options
  • 22-07-2003 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi,

I am currently driving a 1986 Opel Kadett, of which I wanna get rid off next month (around 15th of August). Any suggestions where I could bring it, and would still get at least some money for (150 - 200 Euro) ? It is still serving me very well, but of course it is no beauty. But technically no problems at all.

The problem is that it is a continental model (steering on the left), which is currently still running uner europen registration. Therefore it would come without Insurance, Tax, NCT or Plates. But it comes with a Blaupunkt Radio and 2 Magnat Speakers.

Could be used for driving on private ground etc.

Any suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Take out the stereo and speakers and try trade it to the Knackers for a few quid.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

some local authorities will remove it for free but it is unlikely that someone will pay you for it. I would doubt that the knackers would even pay for it as spares are no realistic use and it is LHD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

You haven't a hope of getting money off anyone for that. It will cost you money to get rid of it I'm sure.

Running under European Registration ?? What does this mean ? It has never been registered in this country ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I agree, take out the stereo and phone you local authority and see if they have a car recyling facility or failing that there are some private places that scrapped cars as part of thier business.

No-one is going to want a left-hooker Kadett at any price! :ninja:

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Drive it to a car dismantlers yard and they may give you something for it - maybe €50, provided there are some decent parts left on it.
    The kadett model you have was sold until 1991 so there are still a few people out there looking for parts.

Failing that, advertise in the Buy & Sell to sell it for parts, or for somebody to take it away for free !

Silvera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

There's an ad in the buy and sell in the auto section looking for LHD cars. I've seen it a few times.....

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Originally posted by Silvera
    Drive it to a car dismantlers yard and they may give you something for it - maybe €50, provided there are some decent parts left on it.
    They will in their arse - they are in it for the money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Someone who knows the scene better then me might be able to answer this but maybe a hot rod club would be a good place to try- they wont pay you anything but hey, you'll know its gone to a good home! :)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

do you know anyone who works in a company which gives telephone support to europe, e.g. Xerox, IBM, Dell?

If you do then you might find a continental willing to take it off your hands.

Advertisement