Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL BB application form

• 22-07-2003 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭

Finally got my application form for IOL BB.
    Just a couple of questions for anyone that's applied.
    I'm using my mum's eircom line, but paying for BB myself.
    There's a space for eircom account number, do i put in the eircom account number even though it's my mum's?
    Also section 3 of the form: Data Protection Details.
    Do i have to tick all of those boxes?
    Or can i leave them blank and not consent.

Cheers,

Killian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Put in your mother's account number, it doesn't matter that you're paying (just make sure that you fill in your own bank details etc.). I can't remember all the contents of section 3, but IIRC there are four boxes and I only ticked two on my form with no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

So you successfully got the service?
    And you didn't have to tick all the data protection boxes?
    Can anyone else confirm this?

Killian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

I'm up and running with it on my home computer. As I said, I can't remember all the boxes, but I'm positive that it was that form which contained stuff I simply couldn't see the point of, so I didn't consent. I did consent to the one that said they could send my details to the credit ratings people if I failed to pay as that was obvious. For the life of me, I can't remember what the other boxes were though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

how long does it take to get forms

and you billed seperate yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Spud_Gun

Yes you are billed separately, and the forms take about a week to get to you. You have to use direct debit though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

It took me a week to get the forms.
    I actually had to ring up again and ask them to send out some more forms.
    Anyway, on the matter of the data protection stuff. I didn't thick any of the boxes. I don't want my details being passed around and i certainly don't want unsolicited phone calls/emails or any other form annoyance.

Killian

Advertisement