Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the most you have spent?

Options
  • 22-07-2003 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Whats the most you have spent on a single player including future clauses?

Mine is 13m for medieta with Villa
    i know thats not very much but it took me ages to build up the money cause you only start wit 2.8m!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I spent £20m on Ronaldinho when I was Valencia, this was before whichever patch there was that gave him a £13.5m release clause.:rolleyes:

It was actually pretty poor value for money because I just didn't have a clue where to use him. He was no great shakes on the left wing, nothing special as a striker and couldn't play cantre midfield in a 4-4-2.

He's definately a great player but I think you really have to play him in the hole behind a stiker or two and thats just little too unbalancing for me. I just don't like building a team around one player.

I was really surprised with Mista totally keeping him out of the team as a striker. Weird. Mista's great though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Abdiel

Cant remember the most I spent. But had a 40 Million bid for Van der Vart rejected after a couple of years. Think you need to buy him as early as possible - got him this time for about 23 million I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

Christian Chivu from Ajax to Barcelona for £21.5M, he was actually worth it. He won Defender of the Year twice in a row so it was money well spent;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

most I ever spend was 35 Million. I was just messing about. dont even know who I spend it on.

I just made a ridiculous bid. All I remember is that who ever I bought wasn't even worth buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I was milan and I needed a right winger so I decided I wanted Joaquín no matter what the cost. I got him for €56 including all the monthly paments and fees after apperances.
    I think it was €30 up front. Is it any wonder I went bankrupt but I still kept my job and eventually got the bank balance respectable.
    He was amazing scored about 15 a season and layed about 35. He is still young and along with Nesta is the only player I would never sell

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Most money I ever spent was in the 6th season of the 01-02 game (last update) with milan, hadnt bought ment players, got a lot of lucky free's whom were great like Loovens and so on, but anyway I'd built up over 100million because the highist id played untill then was 10mill for Aimar in the third season to replace Rui Costa, but them, 6th season, straight up, 30mill for Torres and 19 for Cherno Samba and 15 for John Terry and 15 for Adriano.

Best buys EVER!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

CM 99/00

Something ridiculous for Edgar Davids. Needed a defensive central midfielder and he was just the man. Can't remember how much it was though.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

50 million for Beckham on 00/01 !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Iv spent spent £40 mil odd the odd time when money did matter BUT in one of the versions i was offered £70 mil for Alex Del Piaro from Barca

and I said..............................

DENIED

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

I signed Harry Kewell for Liverpool for 36 million so Gerrard Houillier can count himself lucky

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Johnny Gomez
    Christian Chivu from Ajax to Barcelona for £21.5M, he was actually worth it.

Just got him for £18.75m. He better be worth it.
    Mexes cost me £8m aswell, not too happy about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Eron

Raul E65million to Arsenal - worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

Was offered 98 million for Ronaldhino.
    He was scoring on average 2 goals per game, and he was just in midfield!

Accepted the bid of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

Bought Vieira for 50 million.

Most ive spent in a season was 135 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Eron

135 million? you must have had some wage budget, Real Madrid?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

As Liverpool manager 00/01 (using fake players) I accepted a £100m bid from Juve for one of my attacking midfielders. (£50m straight up and another £50m after 50 league games!) :p

I usually don't spend shítloads of cash on the one player. I like to go for cheap nobodys and turn them into superstars. I think £50m was the most I spent. Can't remember who it was though.

135 million? you must have had some wage budget, Real Madrid?

hehe no and im not lying but it was West Ham. I built my team around Joe Cole, Glen Johnson and Defoe. Sold off pretty much everyone else. Qualified for Europe and by third season, won the league and champos league(very lucky run) got about 30mill to spend and spread everything out over 24months offering nothing at first. I also offered VERY HIGH signing on fees instead of basic wage and thats not taken out of my budget. BUT you have to win EVERYTHING you can win and i didnt win the champos again and went into receivership by my fourth season, lost a couple of the stars i bought but got it back stable and went from there...you win some and lose some...great fun though and it was in CM4...im trying to find a team as fun as west ham to manage who have a couple of stars to build the team around. Joe Cole and Ronaldinho were unstoppable in my West Ham team and Gattuso did his job excellently...:D :D

Athletico paraneise(spelling???) the Brazilian team spring to mind...seems like a challenge..

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Brian O'Leary

Once I spent £50 million on Aimar but the next week he got injured during training and was out for eight months!I also signd Vieira for £60 million!This was with AC Milan.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Brian O'Leary

I also got offered £90 million for Becks but.....................I REJECTED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Originally posted by Brian O'Leary
    I also got offered £90 million for Becks but.....................I REJECTED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey I thought you accepted it?? I was there when u accepted it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

i wouldn't take beckham on a free :p

most i spent was 5.75mil to release mexes
    i usually buy cheap very young players my scout recommends

i bought some greek player in a previous game, he was 30 and turned out to be crap, few million wasted

i don't know where you all get the money, 21 mil is the most i've had in the kitty and that was after selling 4 players

theres more options to pay than cash up front. check it next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Something like 25m for Carlos Jacques.

You better believe he was worth it, I don't spend that much money lightly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

£50 million Crespo
    £30 mill Vieri

most spent in a season, £160+

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by Brian O'Leary
    Once I spent £50 million on Aimar but the next week he got injured during training and was out for eight months!I also signd Vieira for £60 million!This was with AC Milan.

You sure it wasn't Spurs?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

The most I've spent so far in CM4 is 40million for Pablo Aimar for Real Madrid,
    21 million straight up,
    15 million after 30 league appearances
    5 million after 10 league goals,

so far he's got 2 goals and 4 assists from 4 league games, so it looks as if it was a good buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Still playing a hotseat game with Lafortezza. He's Real Madrid and I'm Barcelona.

Just sold Joe Cole to Athletico Madrid for £55m. Replaced him with Duff for £15m (rising to £20m) and Joaquin £40m (rising to £50m). They'd better be worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jonhate

I bought Beckham for 7.5 million with midlesborough!!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

Just paid £35M for Saviola to Man Utd, so far hes working out well, 7 goals in 5 apps.

• Advertisement

Christiano Ronaldo.
    £33mil up front (13 + 20 over 24 Months) with a possibilty of £59mil.
    Money grabbing ***** Sporting.

[edit]Sterling not Euro[/edit]

Advertisement