Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for some numbers so I can kick some butt

Options
  • 22-07-2003 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

Rang dsl sales to inquire about the Ashbourne exchange which was noted in the list of exchanges in the sunday indo that WERE upgranded only to be told that well "actually it's not totally ready"What the F%$k.She then continued to tell me that the piece in the indo was only media speculation,so I politely told here (deep breaths)that it was in fact a 2/3rds page add taken out by her company to inform us of how great they were,what they were doing,yady yady ya.I am sure I seen a number on here for the dept(not the 1800 sales one)than runs the whole show
    Thks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Lying advert? Don't forget to let the ASAI know about it. And Comreg (phone number on their site)

Sounds like they're using the old IBM Josephson Junction tactic (Bob Cringeley called it "turnip computing" research). Or Mr Left Hand has had a falling out with Mr Right Hand and there's no communication between the advertising department and the engineers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

If you're contacting the ASAI, insist that Eircom should publish a retraction (of similar size to the ad). If you don't do this, then by the time the ASAI finally get around to dealing with the complaint, Eircom will have upgraded the exchange and that will be their defense.

Be sure to say that at the time of the publishing of the advertisment the exchange was not upgraded.

Tell them that you are willing to send them you're details if they require proof that ADSL is not available from the exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

My exchange (Foxrock) is also in the "magic" enabled list. If I test my line on Eircom website, it is ok (so far so good!) but if I place an order (not for real!) then it says my exchange is not ready!!

I got the same answer from Netsource, they said my exchange is not ready.

I didn't see the ad (any scan somewhere?) but is there few small print?
    If not... ASAI!

Thanks
    Raphael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

I didn't see the ad (any scan somewhere?) but is there few small print?

Was also in the Sun Tribune 20.07.03 bizz section pg.3
    and...bizz post (i think).

There is no small print covering this particular aspect of the advertisement.

ASAI complaint sent!

Can all the people that complained last time ref. eircom adverts get on to ASAI again? There has been plenty of bad publicity ref. éircon recently...and i think if we can help to keep the momentum going, it will eventually lead somewhere....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Seamus posted the list here.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭crazyasafox

Thanks for the links sceptre,emails sent.But as I was saying before someone posted numbers on here for the Dsl dept in HQ St Green
    Thks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Thanks for the links sceptre,emails sent.But as I was saying before someone posted numbers on here for the Dsl dept in HQ St Green

One way to get through to this number is to call 1901 and ask them to put you through to Stephen's Green. When Stephen's Gn answer ask to be put through to a DSL Product Manager or DSL Marketing, it may take several attempts and you may need to be very forceful about getting through to a DSL product manager.

Try this - if you get no joy then PM me. I have a few numbers, but I'm not gonna post them willy-nilly until you hit the famous eircom brick wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Negotiator

My exchange (Foxrock) is also in the "magic" enabled list. If I test my line on Eircom website, it is ok (so far so good!) but if I place an order (not for real!) then it says my exchange is not ready!!

Same story with the Carlow exchange. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

The Carlow exchange has a unique distinction.

It went live in late MARCH and was pulled after loads of trouble a week later. Those who were connected by then (a few) were unceremoniously told to bugger off, Eircom didn't let them stay on as beta testers with no service level guarantee for example.

Carlow people have no idea when the exchange will be live again either, they were promised June/Mid-July, ye must be too nice down there altogether ringing them up and saying 'May I Please Have Broadband Like Everybody Else' ?

Story

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭crazyasafox

Got the standard reply from Comreg saying it is not there problem more a advert standards one..........

• Advertisement
Advertisement