Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Communication Between UTV & Here.....

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

jonski,

I hope you are not going to fall in to the trap of taking the word of the Eircoms Rats* winback rep or his cohorts word, against that of UTVip Clicksilvers.

As I stated in a post to you some time back. I smell a Rat and I still do, obviously it would not be in the best interests of U.TV Internet too state the same as me.

For heavens sake never believe anything anyone representing Eircom tells you. Strange how a winback rep calls on you claiming that he had no prior knowledge of your difficulties?, or did he see the hold up you are experiencing as an opportunity for you to be conned back in to Eircoms clutches, as you must be getting fed up waiting for Clicksilver to be activated. Do you really think he did not do a complete in detail search on your account before choosing to call on you as a prospective winback victim!.

To me that Rat stinks now more than before. Think about it.

Paddy20.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Paddy ,

Obviosly I did consider this , even though the call was made in front of me , another thing could be that they activate the a/c but not forward this info to utv . Either way I think its up to UTV to sort out , not me . And I'm sure at this stage that Martin is painfully aware of this .
    I know they are doing their best but the lead time is wholly inacurate , and their best cannot alter this .

tbh I think 32 days is too long to wait for a service to be provided and if it was from any other ISP I would have cancelled by now .

John.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Obviosly I did consider this , even though the call was made in front of me , another thing could be that they activate the a/c but not forward this info to utv

I know that it is rough...your being messed around..but please dont go with €ircon. If you do, this will just mean that they will continue to do exactly the same with some other unfortunate soul. Says a lot about a company when all they can do is resort to this sort of stuff.:mad:

jonski,

Seems to me that no one, not even our Government or Comreg or the Minister for Telecoms can get around Eircoms anti -competitive practises.

To me, you are another victim of something that is not within any ISPs ability to fix under the current circumstances. Especially a ISP that is breaking new ground and setting a high standard that is clearly embarrasing Eircom publicly.

I do understand your mounting frustration, but I bet U.TV Internet are a lot more frustrated.

As for the leadtime for Clicksilver. I was not aware that you had been given a leadtime?, and I notice that [paid] posted that he had to wait 7 weeks! for his service.

I sincerely hope you will get your Clicksilver operational very soon, and to your complete satisfaction.

Be lucky!.

Paddy20.:confused:

Originally posted by Paddy20
    jonski,

As for the leadtime for Clicksilver. I was not aware that you had been given a leadtime?, and I notice that [paid] posted that he had to wait 7 weeks! for his service.

lead time given as 10-15 working days by UTV themselves , guys that have aplied after me have already been activated .

John.

• Advertisement

As of 3:50 today , I am officially , not a happy camper . and my patience has gone out the window that was left open to keep me cool .

I will have an update tonight when I log on , but it will more than likely be a rant and rave , so if ye have young children keep their eyes away from this thread.

John.

I for one AM watching your dreadfully frustrating experience, with great interest?, and I might just add, some surprise!!..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Martin-UTVi

I will have an update tonight when I log on , but it will more than likely be a rant and rave , so if ye have young children keep their eyes away from this thread.
    John, I've just emailed you and I believe one of our admin officers left a message with your daughter this morning. Sorry for the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Well I waited nearly 40 days for DSL from UTV. And normally I would have been outraged and gone elsewhere only for the fact that at least we get answers here.

Oh and while I'm here, I'm utterly over joyed at the product itself. It's so faaaaast. :)

Cheers Martin et al.

Originally posted by Martin-UTVi
    John, I've just emailed you and I believe one of our admin officers left a message with your daughter this morning. Sorry for the delay.

Just got home ,and got the e-mail ( a long hour martin ) , and to tell you the truth I am more pissed off now than ever . ( maybe its the heat cause I'm not usually like this ) .

Another 5-10 WORKING DAYS , u must be ****in joking me , you have my 99 euro a long time now , and this because your carrier never acted upon it , is there any chance he might reimburse me for the phone calls and logging on during the day at peak time ( for no new news ) for the last 2 weeks .

I'll leave it there and come back and post when I have cooled down a bit

pissed off John.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Jonski, I went through it not long ago.

I believe its not UTV's fault but €ircom deliberately delaying rival ISP's in order to give their own customers preferential treatment and disuade people from joining UTV, Netsource, etc.

It is worth it in the end though.

Originally posted by Páid
    Jonski, I went through it not long ago.

I believe its not UTV's fault but €ircom deliberately delaying rival ISP's in order to give their own customers preferential treatment and disuade people from joining UTV, Netsource, etc.

Your wrong on that score m8 , the order wasn't acted upon by the carrier , if I hadn't started to complain in here I might never have gotten a result . Surely all my calls and e-mails and posts on newsgroups should have been acted upon .

Whoooaaaa , really getting cross now , gotta stop posting before my pc blows up !

John.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Don't get cross. It only makes me mash my keyboard and lock threads and ban people and things.

Originally posted by sceptre
    Don't get cross. It only makes me mash my keyboard and lock threads and ban people and things.

Yeah , I've already let the language get out of hand , a first time for me , sorry about that amigo , not trying to make your job harder .

oooooookkk ,
    I hope I have now calmed down enough to update this properly .

It would appear that my order wasn't acted upon by the carrier when it was ok'ed by eircom , ok this I can understand ( not happy about it , but understand it ) . But it now seems that my order has to be resubmitted and I have to wait a further 5-10 days for my dsl a/c to be submitted , this I do not understand . If eircom have ok'ed me , why the wait ?.

Why did it take a 'winback' call from eircom ( eircom of all ppl ) for this to be picked up on ? . Why were my e-mails , phone calls , posts on newsgroup and posts here not acted upon ? the amount of calls alone had the support staff knowing my first name before I got to say who I was . Surely to god if ye know eircom had passed me , ye can just go ahead and process my a/c ?. 5-10 days is about the same time frame as me starting afresh with a new isp from what I have been reading here .

I don't know what to say lads , yesterday I was delighted to finnally be getting somewhere , today I was raging to hear I had to be resubmitted , and tonight , I am really at a loss for words (doesn't look like it from all this typing ) . I am the same person that has got 2 of my friends to sign up recently for UTV and am in the process of getting my sister and uncle to sign up . I have championed their cause since I signed up last september , so I am not just ranting and raving to put UTV down .

and as for leaving a msg with my daughter , it was actually my son ( god , I hope his balls drop soon )

bewildered ,

John.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It surely must be obvious to anyone who has followed the Clicksilver saga that UTV are simply not managing it at all well for whatever reason.

From the initial disaster of the migration fiasco when only customer pressure brought about a proper scheme to this ongoing nonsense that John has had to deal with UTV have been very badly lacking in management process.

I have made the point continuously in the Support newsgroup that there appears to be no ongoing liason with the provider.
    And it is only recently that UTV have acknowledged that there is a mysterious provider between themselves and Eircom.

Surely a properly managed system would ensure that theres a priority group of applicants (ie those who have applied 'longest') who are being regulary checked with the provider for progress?
    There is no indication of this being in place. If it was then what happened to John's application would have been picked up much earlier.

As someone else has pointed out if UTV are under resourced that's their problem not the customers. UTV are not a charity they are a commercial company out to make money - theres nothing wrong with that of course but playing the under resourced card is not a valid excuse amd will surely cost them in the long run.

If someone is constantly ringing as John has been surely to God someone in UTV should have said long ago John I will look into it once and for all and get back to you - its not exactly much to ask is it?

I am also amazed at how willing people in here are to blame Eircom on everything without any basis and I am not a fan of Eircom but I do think that some in here would be quite willing to blame the change in the world climate the second world war and crop circles on Eircom without batting an eyelid.

And by the way in spite of having my correct delivery adress on their system UTV still managed wrongly to deliver my modem to my home adress which I had expressly asked them not to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Only took myself 2 and a half weeks to get broadband set up with utv so a big thumbs up for them

Right here goes ,

yes I am in a much better mood , I got an e-mail today from UTV to say that my clicksilver a/c has been activated and the modem should arrive sometime tomorrow . Result .

MY thoughts on the whole affair are as follows .

I was really dissapointed with the initial response and handling of my problem by UTV , I understand that they are shorthanded atm , but still it smacked of living on past glories . Tbh it was those very same past glories that kept me holding on and even made me try to solve the problem myself . Any other compant and I would have been gone long ago .

After we found out what my problem was , UTV were back to their old ways , the ways that are always mentioned here . contact . timely response's and generally getting the problem solved . I am happy with the way it was handled over the last 7 days .

MY message to UTv would be , ye have a fantastic reputation here in Boards , it is also starting to spread to the outside world aswell , mind it , it is without a doubt your greatest asset .

John.

ps: promised the wife and kids I would take them to spanish point for the weekend ......... guess if I could wait this long I can wait another 3 days.............NOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo.

jonski,

I am delighted to read your good news! let us know if themodem arrives and when you become actually fully operational to your complete satisfaction.

Good luck.

P.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Limey

Martin

I paid for my broadband account on 7/19/2003, I have sent a PM to you, could you check it out, I can get my account no, if needed.

Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement