Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would a eircom van be doing outside my house other than perhaps installing BB.

Options
  • 22-07-2003 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

I got up the smorning and was heading into work and as i was going out, I saw a eircom van pritty much right out side my house with an enginerr ****ing around undergroud, I was going to turn rnd and ask what he was doing but I was all ready running late..

Any idea what he was at??, could this be to do with my broad band finally being installed?? the thing is i though they didnt have to be near you to do the installation??, like i mean it was done at the exchange also? and if it wasnt broad band what were they at :/ ... also how would i know if my line is active?? with out ringing Esat, as they only know when eircom rings them...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Broadband is enabled at the exchange, no work should have to be done at your house. If the copper in your area is running underground he could be doing anything from installing a new line to someones house to taking a piss in a convenient hole ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

theres two parked outside my house most mornings, (I think I live near their canteen), looks to me like thet stop just to eat their sambo's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

nah i live in an estate so.. there a) There not coming here to eat, b) there hardyl installing a new line since thats all pre done.. there no new houses, and c) they would get hunted by our local dogs if i saw them pissing :) ....

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

Maybe theres something wrong with a neighbour's phoneline or something, or as someone already said, theyre installing a second phoneline for somebody. Could be anything really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by -ADREN-
    nah i live in an estate so.. there a) There not coming here to eat, b) there hardyl installing a new line since thats all pre done.. there no new houses, and c) they would get hunted by our local dogs if i saw them pissing :) ....

Could be removing the pargain you didnt know ye had lol :D

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Are you SURE its Eircom? Could be the Feds. Have you been naughty? :D

oh fu(k!!! me goes delets all bad content on meh uber big 13gb hard drive!!!?!??!

:P

Anyways think it could have something to do with my broad band?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Or to end all this madnees you could always use the simple option and ask what they are doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by -ADREN-

Anyways think it could have something to do with my broad band?

Trust me, it's nothing to do with your broadband.
    If you wanted to know what they were doing so much, why didn't you just ask? I'm sure they'd have told you...

I was going to turn rnd and ask what he was doing but I was all ready running late..

Thats y i didnt ask...

and curse u all for saying its not my broad bandd... waaaaa waa waa
    :(:(:(:(:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement