Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick LCD question >

• 22-07-2003 8:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭

Is it possible to connect an LCD screen to your PC using an S-Video line or can it only be via a VGA connector?

I'm trying to run an LCD from the video-out but it won't pick up any signal.

G

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

At a guess I would say to use the S-video output you will have to go into your gfx card properties and enable output to TV which is what the S-video is meant for. Be ready for a loss of quality though.
    I presume this LCD is not an actual PC monitor then, or is there another reason why you can't use a VGA or DVI connection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

The Model/Make of the LCD screen would be useful to have .... also your video card info. Did you try what Milltown suggested ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭G

I managed to get it working after a reboot but the quality is woeful, just wondering if it could be done or not. I'll be getting the VGA leads tomorrow anyway so I'll be alright.

FYI it's a Neovo S19 on an Asus 4400

Advertisement