Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Player acting the Mick

• 22-07-2003 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭

I have been having some trouble in the last month with my dvd player everytime I watch a film it's grand for about 80 minutes or so but the it just freezes and comes up with a disc error message on screen and
    on the players display after which the player locks up completely needing a power cycle. The player is a Philips DVD951. Anybody in the know who can tell me whats wrong with it? it's out of warranty so i'm on my own with it .

Thanks
    Ryan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

you may be out of warranty but they may still be willing to help. give them a call/email. was looking at their site, they have nothing in the way of customer online help i.e. faq section etc..
    kinda odd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭aclane

Same thing happened to me a couple of moons ago on a Sayno, turned out that a small fan at the back of the player was clogged with dust so wouldn't spin thus causing something to overheat.

Worth a look:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

same happends to mine, Phillips DVD
    will check fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Thanks, I will pull it out for a closer look I don't remember a fan on it though but it's worth a look I don't want to give up on it yet as it's a pretty decent player.

Ryan

Advertisement