Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Komplett's generic ram, twinmos or not?

• 23-07-2003 12:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

I've bought two 512meg Generic RAM chips from Komplett. I chose them cos they were the cheapest. Both have Twinmos stickers on them.
    Whats the story with that? Cos twinmos is around E15 more expensive.

Maybe this should be in the komplett section?

No bleedin 24 tonight. ****e :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

perhaps they sent you out the wrong ram and/or they are the memory you ordered, but are just a low end model produced by twinmos and komplett just put them down as generic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

I did the same, ordered OEM & got twinMos everytime. Must say i was happy & too my supprise it was quite good ram.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Sound! Say nothing! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yup, any time I've ordered generic ram from Komplett it has always been TwinMOS that arrived :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Same here but have had a couple of bad sticks sent out and had to get them Rma'd which is a pain in the ass when you are building a box for somebody else.

My advice is to spend a little extra on Crucial or if you have money to burn Crossair as they are both much more stable

• Advertisement
Advertisement