Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know how to get my DVD player region free?

Options
  • 23-07-2003 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hey, Just wondering if anybody knows a code or a way I can get my DVD player region free, so that I can play all region Dvds? I have a Philips DFR 1600 DVD player and would love to be able to watch american dvds on my system! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Carnate

Well there are a few ways you can go about it, i know Sony models of dvd player can be chipped, i buy online and 90% of my dvd's are region 1.

There are programs and if u have a universal remote control 4 in 1 and higher you can preprogram the dvd to play all regions, but beware, if you do this wrong u will lock ure player to what ever region you last watched a dvd on.

That being said it is slightly illegal to do it,

Surf the web for regionfree files or programs or try this, remember if you do it wrong you can mess up your Dvd Player.

http://www.epicdiscs.co.uk/region_hacks/view_hack.php?id=201

Use at your own risk!!
    i dont take responsibility for anything that you will/try/do to that poor DvD player

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It's not illegal at all to make your DVD player region free.
    If you get it chipped it voids the warranty, that is all.

With Philips players the region will lock on the last one you set it to after ~20 - 25 changes. So beware.
    I unlocked my player (Philips aswell) using a One-4-All remote (URC-7560), it's now region free.

http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/info/multiregion/full/philips1060.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

This page might help ... it also links to instructions on building your own remote control, apparently...

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭techi

If the suggestions that have been made fail, you could contact www.dvdireland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by techi
    If the suggestions that have been made fail, you could contact www.dvdireland.com

Yup guy who does that (think his name is Martin) did mine a few years ago and i been sending people to him ever since.
    Cheap reliable and does a good job too.

Also not illegal its your player just voids the warranty.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

This one works perfectly for my Philips. Keep track of how many times you change it though- I lost count and I'm hoping it won't stay stuck on Region 1 some day...

REGION FREE DVD- PHILIPS 711

Note this region crack will work for a maximum number of 25 times!
    To convert this player for Region 1 playback:
    Press the buttons Play, 1, 5 and 9 on the players Remote Control. The on-screen display should look like this: '____ ____'.
    Using the number keys on your remote control, enter the code 008000 000 000. Press the Play button on the remote control.
    The on-screen display should change to red, indicating that your region settings have been changed.

To convert the player to Region 2 playback:
    Press the buttons Play, 1, 5 and 9 on the players Remote Control. The on-screen display should look like this: '____ ____'.
    Using the number keys on your remote control, enter the code 002000 000 000.
    Press the Play button on the remote control.
    The on-screen display should change to red, indicating that your region settings have been changed.
    Problems:
    Limited to 25 changes although you may be able to perform more changes than this on machines running older firmware.

Advertisement