Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dvd lock?

Options
  • 23-07-2003 3:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Makaveli, you said that my dvd player will probably lock on a region? I cannot make it multi regional and all I can do is choose what region I want to choose. That is not much good to me if the player will lock after 20 or so changes. What else can I do? I am in a bit of trouble if the dvd player locks on region 1.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

uhh...oxis? try hitting "post reply" instead of pressing "new thread".....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

If there is a universal remote hack it will mack it multi region. If not, you'll probably have to get the player chipped.
    Simple mistake Spike, go easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 oxis

Thanks Makaveli, Unfortunately my player will not let me select multi region, so instead I can just select whatever region I wish to watch. However I am desperate to be able to start watching region 1 dvds and to start buying them online so I am praying that my dvd player wiont lock up! If it does what do I do? Also if you go past the "25" times mark, and your player does not lock are you in the clear for good? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Oxis stop swaping it as you dont want it to "lock" in region 1 , if you really want to watch region 1 dvds get it chiped or watch them on your pc if you have one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

If it locks you have to get it chipped.

• Advertisement
Advertisement