Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Precautions to take while building a PC?

• 23-07-2003 9:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

Hey, after finally ordering a PC, i decided i should find out some precautions to take while building a PC. Things like Grounding the table you are making it on, anti-stati stuff and temperatures etc. Can anyone give my some others?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

Stay away from water :)

Take your time, plan exactly what your going to do and read everything to do with the mobo twice.

And give your hands a good wash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

dont allow cats mice ur hairy men/girls near it .
    rub the inside of the case b4 u tuch any parts
    beware of the lil green men that will move ur screwdriver around the room as ur working on it .

after that have fun if u mess it up just send it back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by elexes
    beware of the lil green men that will move ur screwdriver around the room as ur working on it .
    lol, god, that is so true :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Rub a balloon up ant down on your head the rub it ob your motherboard and graphics card ;)

er.. just make sure ye don't blow your mobo via static (although i have never done that an i haven't been all that carefull!). Make Sure the mobo is on the case properly, with the screws only touching the silver bits around the screw wholes on the mobo. Make sure you put a VERY thin layer of summit designed for the job between your processsor and heatsink. Also be careful not to bend any of the pins on your processor, if you do they can be straightened but it gets messy :p

Enjoy yourself.

Boobee trap one of your screwdrivers, get that little **** green man btw!

Advertisement