Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Re-emergence of Good Horror

• 23-07-2003 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭

Yeah, for finially the Horror industry, abet only in England, has started to produce great movies again. Soon their will be no more sh**e teen slashers.

I am talking about the release of both 28 Days and Dog Soldiers last year, which I am soon to have on DVD. But just wondering does anyone know of any other good ones I may have missed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Rent 'Session 9'. Really enjoyed it, a similar feel to The Shining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Well I think the teen slashers and crappy horrors are here to stay actually :( /me thinks .... other than 28 days and dog soldiers dont think you missed anything.... but I could be wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Almost all Horror films involve teens being killed but i prefer when its not with a knife of some psyco.
    The ring is a good horror that kinda breaks that tradition a little check it out if you havent seen it yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭avatar

Ginger snaps. That movie was frickin' awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭avatar

Also, go Eastern, there are some great Japanese horror movies... notably Ring (DON'T WATCH THE REMAKE!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

There's a few ones from the East that others have mentioned (mainly Japan).

Recently a few I've enjoyed are Dark Water, Versus and The Eye (which I hear is also being remade in the US).

Session 9 was alright. I wouldn't bother with My Little Eye though, and I hear bad things about Fear Dot Com aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Originally posted by koneko
    I wouldn't bother with My Little Eye though, and I hear bad things about Fear Dot Com aswell.
    My Little Eye (the movie) was a little trite, especially after films like the Last Broadcast, and Series 7. which covered everything in My Little Eye, only better. And yes, it was a little predicable. Oh, and boring.

But My Little Eye (the DVD) was fantastic. Being able to watch the film as if you are _are_ at the website, watching things as it happens etc. is a really good way of presenting this particular story. It really showed some of the interesting things that could only have been done with DVD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Originally posted by Tusky
    Well I think the teen slashers and crappy horrors are here to stay actually :( /me thinks ....

Yup i'd be inclined to agree, but its like every other genre, you're always gonna have your typical multi plex fare for the masses and then your occasional bit of quality... but it makes it nicer when you come across something good i think..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Wyrd

check out auditions its a great flick. its japanese subtitles like ring as opposed to the ring. also the company that distribute the film tartan terror is a great company for horrers

Advertisement