Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its Too Quiet.

Options
  • 23-07-2003 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭

Something is afoot, no good new posts in weeks. Why is this? What is wrong with all you people? No mad on-line re-enactments of famous discworld scenes, no Guild Set ups. Tut-tut, this is the problem with the masses they never know what they are missing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

The guilds are being set up, I suppose it is up to the patrician to find out about them rather than to whine about not knowing where they are to be found ........;)

Whatever would your mother think of you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

How about calling for a private forum for the Elucidated Brothers of the Ebon Night, or whatever that cult waas called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Ugh, thre are far too many sekrit societies on boards, but if there were to be one, i'd go for either the beggars guild or the guild of assasins. I like the alchemists but its all a bit hazardous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The Witches dont need a guild :)

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

A guild of witches would be far more hazardous than a guild of alchemists. It'd start with "what she said about her" and end with "well what will we do with all the bodies". 3 is the only number :-)

• Advertisement

Ya couldn't really have a guild of witches, the three in a coven hardly get on with each other, could you imagine them lumped in with other witches.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

I am passing a law, to prohibit more than 3 witches being in the same room at the same time. (was going to pass one to prohibit a guild, but that would just cause them to start up one)

I know where all the guilds are. I sit on 3 of their boards of governers.

Bodies are always easy. (To get rid of, just lump them into the shades)

Not as easy as it used to be now that gargoyles are watching the streets from above. Kind of CCTV...

Pay them enough pigeons, and every gargoyle will eventually look the other way...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Not too worried about the gargoyles really, it Sargent Detritus you have to be worried about these days he scares me!!!

• Advertisement

Ah, but he can be extremly confused by telling the truth.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭bozzie

yeah or outright denial kinda derails him as well

still cpl downspout is a worrying development in night time survailence and he's not too easily bribed either

So what your saying is if you tell a lie to Detritus you get accused of being guilty and if you tell the truth to Detritus you get accused of being guilty? :D

Well cpl downspout cant be everywhere now can he! there's only so much a gargoyle can do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

lol, the logic of ahnk-morpork...

i thought sgt. detritus could be easily confuzzled by barking at him "i command you to ignore me!"

on the subject of guilds, i was wondering if there would be reason behind getting a secret society around one of the guilds?
    sure barely anyone but a few fans come in here anyway!:p

but if we do, i vote it be the assasins guild, or the Unseen University.

Originally posted by Havelock
    I am passing a law, to prohibit more than 3 witches being in the same room at the same time. (was going to pass one to prohibit a guild, but that would just cause them to start up one)

The sound of cackling is heard echoing arround the chamber of rats.

a missive arrives.

IT details that the anual Ramtops witching contest will this year be held in Anhk MorPok, to foster new realtions wiht witches from all over the Disc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Chowley

Im on a discworld break at the moment.

Just read the Silmarilion and now started on Pot Planet by Brian Preston.Im going to order a book called Romance of the Three Kingdoms tomorrow and after I read that it will be the Lord of the Rings, yet again.So I will be busy for a while.:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

it will be a bit quiet untill the newest installment in the discworld series comes out,

Stands to reason.

I mean it's not like we're all pathetic fanboys(and girls), who sit around on computers all day......... is it...............

er...

....................er no your absoutly right its not like we all sit around in front of this little box waiting for some hint of what the next book will be about.....................

I've forgotten what the sun looks like!!!

I just remembered I offered to pretend to be the Bursar on one of the first threads, and I have been woefully neglecting of my duties.

So, to address this situation:

Ahem.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Mr. Jelly! Good so with the trifle!

*falls over*

now a bit of backwards talking would be nice and if you neglect to take your pills twould be good.

• Advertisement

Plum sauce! Plum sauce! Five groats for your finest shoes, if I may!

.think I, talk backwards Bursar do to supposed are you how is This

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

"squek?"

?Tahw

I want a cat.

.you for cat the be could this ,Sarky

gilettecat.jpg

:D:D :ninja:

Why is image code off?

I shall call him Fluffy.

i have a very wonderfull cat , Zke but well he is no Greebo well not yet anyway.

You have a goldfish too Thead but dont tell The bursar that (Sarky) you'll give him idea's :)

indeed i can see it now good ole zke eh?

• Advertisement

I would take the goldfish for a walk every day.

Advertisement