Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Iol BBAND ppl...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

Well im going by 5gb cap download and as far as upload is concerned, there is no limit. I never read any upload limit anyway. Cos thats what ive read.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Originally posted by UbahOne
    Well im going by 5gb cap download and as far as upload is concerned, there is no limit. I never read any upload limit anyway. Cos thats what ive read.

SEE!!!...all you have to do is read this one thread and see the UTTER confusion caused by Esat staff.

And y'all bitched at me for bitching...please, you ask one person you get one answer, you ask another you get another answer.

No wonder i was confused as **** about what the DSL package actually included, and then folks doubt me as if i've been making stuff up about what Esat staff have been telling me on the phone.

Whatever :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 revin

how the hell are you supposed to reach the 5 GB download cap if your download speed never goes above 3kb/s?! Serious contention issues guys- I'm in the Drogheda area. Any idea what to do about it? Needless to say their tech support are useless and my emails have been ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Spud_Gun

I have still heard no word from the person who was supposed to give me an official answer on the download cap versus the data transfer cap. I'll persue that today. They seem reluctant to provide confirmation of this policy.

Originally posted by Spud_Gun
    I have still heard no word from the person who was supposed to give me an official answer on the download cap versus the data transfer cap. I'll persue that today. They seem reluctant to provide confirmation of this policy.

Right...i JUST got off the phone, and Tristin said that the cap and monthly usage INCLUDES both upload and download.

I've asked to speak to someone in customer complaints, because guys...as we know they only way to make people accountable and for things to improve is to make noises.

Terms of the contract state download, not upload or "data transfere" or any words to that effect, they are trying to move the goal posts once again.

Thus i would encourage people to get on the phone about this as if Esat are going to be so literal with us about the DSL service, in terms of "upto 512K download" and stuff like that, let us also hold them to the exact letter of the contract we sign.

I got a bill today from Esat for €284, and i'll be damned if i do not get what it say's on the tin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

If the contract ses Download then its download.. simple.. regardless of what the people on the end of the customer care line say (they know ****.. absalutly **** all).. And just to prove that try ring again (make sure its a different person) and instead of asking Is the 5gb cap upload and download" ask 'Am I write in saying that my 5gb cap means, I can download max 5gbs a month?" I garanty you the person will say yes. If you put words in there mouth first they will just nod there head and say, yes thats what it means. So all in all, its a waste of time.

Contract ses Download 5gb.. So its download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Richard.. did that bill include any extra over the limit charges?

hold on a second Richard...you got a bill for IOL broadband?

How is that possible? One you only joined and two, its direct debit and they dont send out bills, they only email you a slip saying "bla bla bla". I read this on their site...

Originally posted by -ADREN-
    Richard.. did that bill include any extra over the limit charges?

No...it was a bill for €283.20:
    Self Install with modem €115.70 (oops, i wrote 155)
    Bi-Monthly Rental Fee €81.80
    Bi Monthly Rental Fee €2.68

Total €200.18...i assume the €2.68 is for the the two days i used the DSL line, July 22nd - 24th, the day of the billing issue.

The two monthly bill appears to be an advance upfront payement, and the cost of the modem.

I choose to buy the modem, and btw...i wanna receipt from Esat for that!!!

Then i have my IOL No Limits bill from June 8th to July 24th + calls = €33.87...vat @ 21% on everything comes to €283.20

It's no small change and for this kinda money customers should expect a quality service/product.

hold on a second Richard...you got a bill for IOL broadband?

How is that possible? One you only joined and two, its direct debit and they dont send out bills, they only email you a slip saying "bla bla bla". I read this on their site...

I was due a bill for my IOL No Limits on August 8th, as per normal every two months.

Obviously they wanna be paid in full and upfront, i am not worried about that...i made sure i have sufficient funds in my account for this. I am actually glad they sent the bill.

Means i can get this big bill outta the way and plan for the next direct debit, i'm funny like that...i've been known to pay money on my ESB to cover three billings.

Future Esat bills will be paperless, to save them costs.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Richard Dower

I choose to buy the modem, and btw...i wanna receipt from Esat for that!!!

Any literature i've seen on the service has plainly stated that the modem remains the property of esat bt at all times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

You can purchase a modem of them, if you choose.

So Etho doesnt know everything afterall...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

The info about buying the modem is only on the contract. i didn't know until i saw the contract

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

So Etho doesnt know everything afterall...

I never claimed to :P
    And I don't have IOLBB so i've never seen the contract.

Originally posted by eth0_
    Any literature i've seen on the service has plainly stated that the modem remains the property of esat bt at all times.

There's an option on the application from to buy the modem, €90 self install and they keep the modem.

Then an option to keep the modem which remians your property which costs €140.

Don't worry...i am gonna get it in writing that the modem is mine and paid for.

Advertisement