Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermal Paste

• 23-07-2003 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

I just bought a processor from kopmlett ( RETAIL) and it only had a small patch of thermal paste.

I fitted it into the mobo I bought. It was of course the wrong board so I had to take the processor & hs out.

I then noticed that the paste had only partially covered the processsor chip.

I am kind of worried that the next time could be curtains !

I been everywhere and guess what no one has any ****ing paste.

It didn't come in the box with the product :mad::mad: :mad: :mad:

Help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

If you're in dublin, drop into IT Direct, Peats or Maplin and pick some up.

Otherwise:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=32326&t=&l=&AvdID=1&CatID=&GrpID=&s=sr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

I bought some in peats the other day, if you dont want to go thru the hassle of ordering online get a friend to pick some up and post it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭GRAHAM2002

Sorry in Athlone middle of fing nowhere with no car !

If anyone has even a tiny bit to throw it into the post:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

I'll check when i get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Main area the thermal paste has to hit is the core, surely you have enough in the surrounding part to cover that ?? remember its a thin coat. I have some lyin around, tiz a big tube so ill have to put some in tinfoil and post it?? Gimme a PM if you need some??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Hes says p-atch, which makes me think its a termal pad, so the HS would have to fit perfectly. Still should have covered the hole die. Remembe,r only apply termal compund in a thin layer to the die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭GRAHAM2002

pm sent COL_LOKI

Thanks a million :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement