Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Been Screwed by Hotmail... Need a Good Email Provider

• 23-07-2003 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any good email providers? Preferably one that's free and that won't shut down in 3 months.

I used Hotmail for the last few years until most of the messages in my account dissapeared on Tuesday. Contacted the support and got this reply:

Dear xxxxxx:

Thank you for writing to Hotmail Support.

I understand your concern at losing email messages from your Hotmail account (xxxxxxx@hotmail.com). I look forward to providing you with assistance today.

xxxxx, MSN Hotmail recently performed maintenance on the server that holds your account. Unfortunately, we encountered a technical problem that affected a small number of users on the specific system that contains your account information. As a result, a small percentage of users, including you, have lost e-mail messages stored in their accounts. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

xxxxxx, I worked on your account (xxxxxxx@hotmail.com) to try and restore the e-mails that you have lost from your Hotmail account. Unfortunately, I was unable to restore your lost e-mails as they have been permanently deleted from our servers due to the technical problem that we experienced.

Once again, I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

If you have any further issue with Hotmail, please feel free to email us and we would be glad to assist you anytime.

Remember that MSN Hotmail also has comprehensive online help available--just click Help in the upper right corner.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxx
    MSN Hotmail Customer Support Representative

Time to go elsewhere.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

mail15.com

15mb mailbox
    can be configured so that mail drops into your email proggy eg. outlook.
    can be configured so that mail can be checked anywhere/anytime.

Have been using it for 2 months...certainly dont get the spam that im getting on my hotmail account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Hotmail is EVIL.

You could try Yahoo, I haven't had any problems with them, but there are surely better solutions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

im thinkin of changing provider asewll - is there a little program i can get or the like that'll send 'em all to one address? regardless if they sent on to my hotmail address and i got say a yahoo one i could get it delievered to the yahoo one?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

become a subscriber and get a boards.ie account.
    campus.ie also have large e-mail accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

2nd the campus.ie e-mail addie. Pretty damn good service and it costs nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Eircom's free mail service is fairly good! I'm not sure how many megs your allowed, but it is very reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ive never had any probloms with eircom's e-mail account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,515 ✭✭✭irishgeo

been using www.mail2world.com for ages.

It lets you collect pop mail and has 10mb and lots fo other stuff.

gets my thumb up now the only thing to work is how to stop the spam to my eircom email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Chowley

campus.ie is excellent, best e-mail I have used. :D:D:D:D

I also never get spam.You are on hotmail or yahoo 10 mins and theres about 20 spam msg's there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Did someone say use an Eircom service????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

I use eircom, no probs so far.

Question: Where offers free space to post up your digi photo's?

Advertisement