Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer Repair

• 23-07-2003 3:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Anyone know some decent places to get my poor Canon BJS 900 printer fixed? It has a serious power issue (it aint powering up).

The only one that i know of is Bryan S Ryan in Tallaght who will charge €80 to have a gander at it then whatever price the parts will be on top.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

Are you out around the Northside/Airport areas at all.? I can have a look at it for you. PM if suitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

www.fixyourownprinter.com
    If I was you, I would start there. I have used them in the past and they are excellent. A forum for diagnosing your problem, and a list of printer repair kits that can be ordered (by CC from California) with instructional video (on cd) included.

I have used this service more than once and was impressed. Heck, the delivery time from them was generally quicker than from companies in the UK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Im in Inchicore at the mo'. Probably a bit too far of a run for you Tonky.

I would be fairly comfortable replacing parts myself but with a complete no power situation it could be a number of faulty parts and i dont fancy forking out on a process of elimination plus i dont really have the time to start breaking/fixing it :)

Its a Bubblejet Canon BJS900

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Toss it. inkjets are a waste of time. Two ink cartridges cost about the same as one cheap printer. Thats why when they sell them new they come with a half-filled cartridge to "get you started".

buy a second hand laser and youlll be laughing all the way to the bank for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

If you're tossing that printer, I'll take it off your hands for spares, will collect...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Originally posted by yankinlk
    Toss it. inkjets are a waste of time. Two ink cartridges cost about the same as one cheap printer. Thats why when they sell them new they come with a half-filled cartridge to "get you started".

buy a second hand laser and youlll be laughing all the way to the bank for years.

If it was a cheap inkjet i would, but its actually a reasonably expensive photo quality printer.

http://www.dp-now.com/Features/Printer_reviews/Canon_s900/canon_s900.html

Ill drop it into Bryan S Ryan and get a quote.

Advertisement