Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Rock

Options
  • 23-07-2003 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to open an account with Northern Rock

Any opionions on them good,bad or indifferent?

Tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Have had an account for 2 years now. Find them excellent to deal with. No complaints at all. Just make sure you understand how they operate (mainly phone and post), the lag on transactions (3 days to withdraw money from a demand account unless you pay extra for same day transfer) and the cut off - I think is 12pm, otherwise the transaction takes an extra day.

I use that account as a place of deposit for any balances over €1000. I transfer in to NR from my hight street bank using internet banking and get NR to transfer back when I do a withdrawal. At the end of the year its nice to see the interest that acrues, rather than the buttons i'd be getting from any of the mainstream banks.

Go for the annual interest, rather than the monthly interest. They have boths demand and notice accounts, pick whatever suits your needs.

The only competition for smalll/medium deposits is Anglo Irish.

Ulster bank have a product "RSVP Anytime" but it has a lot of restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

As above we had an account with them for about 2 years. Again no complaints.

We recieved a statement sometime after we closed the account stating we had half a million in savings. Only problem was it was the wrong name on the account. No doubt an offshore account :eek:

Advertisement