Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Smash Bros Melee

Options
  • 23-07-2003 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone out there would be interested in a Super Smash Bros Melee competition. Me and my friends love this game and we must not be the only ones. We compete regularly and as a result we 'claim' that we are the bestestest EVER. Can you prove us wrong?

ATM i just want to know if many people would be interested in such an event. I know there are Tekken Tournaments and seeing as this game is far superior in skill and creativity there should be competitions for it.

We're Cork based but the location of the tournament isn't really an issue right now. (Cork or Dublin tbh, wouldn't b arsed goin anywhere else). We just want to know that if such an event were staged if it would be at all successful.

The prize could be something fairly cool if there was a big turnout.

By the way... I'll whup u all with Captain Falcon!!!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

heh me and my m8s have been playing smash bros since it came out on N64 - you wouldnt stand a chance - allthough i havent pld it in a while now...wouldnt take long to get back into it !

we used to allways have tournies with about 10 people , id be interested once you gave me some time to praccy !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

challenge

accepted.

Now lets see if we can get some more people n make this worth me making u cry... prizes :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

Go on Tusky!

I've tried getting into that game but, damn, some people are great at it and I certainly am not.

I might still buy it though, maybe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

I adore the game, but I'm crap.

WITH THIS AND PRESERVATION OF DIGNITY IN MIND!!!

how about something more "eventy", like that SCII thing Penny Arcade did recently, where hardened skillmongers, people of lesser skillage, and egads, even n00bs can come along and play. Of course, a proper tournament would remain central, but with casual and introductory games going on in the background. For, y'know, fun. And introduction.

PS - |\/|4R+|-| 0\/\/n5 J00!!111

It would have to be held in some1s house i take it so maybe you should keep the numbers down !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Ah, yes. So near, and yet so far.

Nonetheless, Marth still owns you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Challenge excepted. None can beat me with the power of the yelow rat behind me.

Well i'm thinkin it could be held in UCC. Well i only know about 4 gcs that we can use and my only motivation is to find out how good people are. It's hard on a non-online game.

Yea, multi-events/all round fun would be great. I know the tag team event would be fantastic (Me causing mega damage zooming about with falcon, whilst my friend blasts u all away). The game is beautiful and it should be held in higher regard.

The yellow eletrorat :) my second best character...

If you're interested and you have friends that would be interested please tell me so that i have an idea of how many people would be up for competing... This aint cs ya kno?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

Originally posted by TheAlmightyArse
    Ah, yes. So near, and yet so far.

Nonetheless, Marth still owns you.

I fookin hate marth!! A friend of mine uses him constantly, and kirby to lesser extent.

I'm confident i would stand a fighting chance adn know 2 others.

I usually play sudden death with 10 lives.... Been a while since i played a normal game. What type of game would you usuallly play?

I use Samus - my friend uses Kirby - we are fairly good as a team , What do you mean you only know of 4 Gcs you could use ? I can provide 2 GC's and 4 controllers + one copy of the game :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

interesting prospect this, i'll probably be there

i play as ganon or roy, and my friends are crap so i dont know how i'd fair against good players, i could bring my copy but probably couldn't bring a console because it's my brothers

K cool, i know a good 10 people who'd enter. Now here's the thing, if im left to organise it won't happen. so anyone who wants to organise such an event pls take it off my hands, pref cork or dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gekigengar!

I think the whole smash brothers tourney would be a good idea but its more than likely not gonna happen.........Seriously kold can u actually imagine urself setting 1 up? anywayz ull prolly just end up gettin ur ar$e whipped.....u cant barely beat me and mick...unless its a pox. heheh "show me ur moves" :p lol .

but if u did get off ur a$$ and set it up it would be class. wud be good to hav some competition. and we'd hav to play a stock match 7-10 lives on the best map "final destination".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

I am interested in this endevour, with Fox Mc Cloud at the helm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Thats a whole lot of sig for just 2 posts.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Thats a whole lot of sig for just 2 posts.

what he lacks in posts he makes up for in consumption of space!

anyway, i'm going away for the next 2 weeks. so, unless you take a while to arrange this, i will be unable to attend

however..on the off chance this is a distant future idea, sign me up. i was good at it for a while...haven't played it in many a moon though, so i can be easy killings

I was just curious about what characters people actually pick. i myself am skilled with a few characters. link, dk,roy,+ness. and i would pick em most of the time. different 1 depending on the lvl and who every 1 else is going. So any1 interested or just likes the game tell let me know what character they go. for some strange reason i hav a feeling that every1 is gonna say link r marth.

oh yeah, and Asuka, :p
    i would diss ur name but Evangelion iz class! hav u seen death and rebirth or end of evangelion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Yes.

A

It's true, i have the organisation skills of someone very bad at organising....

If someone with the organisational skills of someone with good organisation skills would like to set one up that'd be great (IN CORK OR DUB).

Just because it was my idea doesnt mean someone should take this whole endeavour out of my hands. (please...do)

PS eamon i own u two, u just cheat with all the blocking and stuff. remember this?: FALCON PUNCH FOUR TIMES IN A ROW ON U

i guess u hav the memory skills of a person that doesnt hav good memory too! cause u were on my team in that game and u falcon punched mick 4 times fool :p...........and as i remember, u died first too and had the least score by1. anyways the peeps that r interested in this tournament it would be handy to know where ur from and if u could get to cork or dub easily. or if just the ppl from cork identifed them selves we could set summit up 2.

• Advertisement

Im from dublinia , wouldnt be bothered going to cork though :)

LoL yea ur right.... ah but i spent half that game flaunting my nipples and shouting "SHOW ME YOUR MOVES".

You have to say though the 4 falcon punch combo was leet! Especially since mick is such a dodgy blocky bast.

Look, someone needs to take this thing out of my hands, i really dont have time to organise anything, i'd just really like to attend such a tournament. I gotsta organise where i'm goin for 6th yr etc....

I personally vote u eamon. You're goin into 5th yr, you've nothing better to do with yourself. Plus im sure ive falcon punched you at least 1000 times. And i pinged u a whole lot with luigi (pre made crappedness) too!

i think we should set up a tourney wit 1 of the games in the wwh first cause it would be much easier to do. we could just agree on a time and meet up r summit.

But this is the Super Smash Bros Melee Tournament thread.... and the people want a tourney! Come on lads, 1 of u must be interested enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Spenguin

Tournament eh? Super smash bros melee=coolest multiplayer game ever. Link is probably one of the best. Or Samus. I like zelda too.

So..... Anyone Interested?

Otherwise it aint gonna happen...

And you know it'd be cool

I dont have the time but all that has to be done is..... find a venue... Decide on a date .... take a list with a max ammoutn of people - organise a prize and then show up and play !

/me nominates eamons gaff... or ucc

Advertisement