Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Critique on Something i am making

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Umm do you understand the need for the w3c?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Originally posted by nahdoic
    Umm do you understand the need for the w3c?

Hi nahdoic,

Yeah i'm aware of it even tho I'm not practising on getting it to validate with that at the moment, just doing 'quick sites'

But the thing is right - Ive being told this by several people inc Blacknight....but OK ( this is not to get back at him or anything its just to show that you shouldn't go saying it to others unless you have it right yourself) ----

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.blacknightsolutions.ie%2Fsharedhosting.php&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=%28detect+automatically%29

Same with the rest of the pages :rolleyes:

No offence blacknight -

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Alright. Fairy enuff. Can I offer a piece of advice though? The next time you want a review on a 'quick site', I'd recommend asking for a review only from people using Internet Explorer 5.0 +

This will mean people who won't be able to use your website, won't bother trying, and will just ignore it like you want them to. And you won't be hearing from people complaining about it not validating with w3c - they won't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Originally posted by nahdoic
    Alright. Fairy enuff. Can I offer a piece of advice though? The next time you want a review on a 'quick site', I'd recommend asking for a review only from people using Internet Explorer 5.0 +

This will mean people who won't be able to use your website, won't bother trying, and will just ignore it like you want them to. And you won't be hearing from people complaining about it not validating with w3c - they won't care.

Yeah i understand what you mean. I don't have a problem tho and no the site isn't designed for internet explorer, who said it was? looks grand on Opera

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Originally posted by blacknight
    I rest my case:
    Originally posted by buddy
    That just confused the hell out of me - but it looks like Mosiac sucks ass

I don't think it needs to be qualified, but if you need it:

Mosiac sucks ass = for current use.

• Advertisement
Advertisement