Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsource return to normal service ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

There's not a lot that can be done about contention. It was bound to happen eventually.

This is what happens when we let ppl know how good broadband is! We should have told them it was **** and a waste of money. That might of kept them off our exchanges.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 thomasb

Solution is simple if you're on an over contended exchange.

Buy a less contended service.

I know thats not what people want to hear - but ultimately it is the only solution.

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Did you honestly expect lightening fast downloads when you're on cheapy RADSL with...NO CAP? All the warez monkies in Ireland went for netsource for precisely the fact there's no cap! Face it, (fair) caps work, they're put in place for a reason....if you want fast downloads 24/7 buy a 20:1 or 8:1 business dsl/wireless product...

The d/l speeds have always been, and still are, fine. It's pings that everyone always seem to complain about, can never understand why. It's just a couple of extra milliseconds after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hmm, this is strange, i'm a nesource user, and last two nights things went back to normal, ie pages load instantly, and no problems with downloads at all.

A few days ago i was having very slow page loads and slow downloads, which coincided with eircom users complaints..

Dont understand whats going on.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

Etho do you ever help anyone out or do you just bitch? FFS if your going to help someone out, do it. Don't put people down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Ubahone

She,s right and she did help she suggested a better product

Ye she suggested a better product but this
    Did you honestly expect lightening fast downloads when you're on cheapy RADSL with...NO CAP?
    may not have been the best way of putting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Originally posted by thomasb
    Solution is simple if you're on an over contended exchange.

Buy a less contended service.

I know thats not what people want to hear - but ultimately it is the only solution.

Thomas

Hmm....so will netsource stop selling to people on an "over contended exchange" ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

It's not contention.

• Advertisement

It's not contention.

What makes you so sure?

Netsource's radsl is a resold Eircom package, therefore surely they share the same dslams as eircom. If netsource customers are having bad pings then why are eircom not? Also, how does every netsource customer suddenly happen to start having "contention" issues at the same time. Add to this the fact eircom have alot more customers yet are not suffering from bad pings? surely if the dslams are separated eircom customers should be suffering equally bad from contention since they'll have the bulk of customers?

The fact that a mate of mine spikes at the exact same time on a server on a different exchange and we have mutally equal pings all the time, even when bad, spiking etc. Shows it is not contention and a netsource side problem....

Ye that sounds about right actually...is yours bad now?

Nope, perfect at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

same here except for pings.
    Has been decent enough since day 1 for me (May 17), maybe it is contention :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Aye , since the initial problems were sorted (late May for me) , I have no problems with Netsource.

carb.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

I was going to post here yesterday saying that my connection was perfect, that sure pings went up every so often, and jumped, but that the upper bound was about 80. I was going to post that, but I'm not.

I tried to play a game last night, and the lowest ping I had was 100, and that was on an empty server. It averaged 200+, spiking frequently, making the game completely unplayable... 56k was better :(

I'm not suggesting for a minute that Netsource are wholely or even partially to blame, but I'd like to see them get this sorted sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

Up until last weekend teh pings on netsource where ok but since teh weekend the pings have been really bad. Yesterday was the worse where from about 5pm they went to 200+ to boards.ie. I wouldn't mind but my clan is in a tournament starting on Monday. I'm thinking that they oversold there bandwidth again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

It may very well be more contention. Netsource have a bandwidth allowance from Eircom and when that's reached it's gg.

Originally posted by d0gb0y
    I'm thinking that they oversold there bandwidth again :rolleyes:
    Thomasb has said that traffic usage has been down this week. That would contradict the idea that they're running out of bandwidth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

i was enjoying class 40-60 pings from uk to germany, its gone arseways now, fluctuating from 47 - 250ish. I'll probably hit eircom dsl soon, at least ill be guaranteed of good pingage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭LumoColor

Looks like Netsource has gone down the pan again, last few nights have been dodgey.

Tonight its worse, between 60ish to spikes 200, averaging out at 111, whereas it was constant 30-40 before. The sub 50 pings were good while they lasted, nearly got a full month of decent service.

Current ping to [url]www.jolt.co.uk:-[/url]

C:\>ping -t www.jolt.co.uk

Pinging clarity.jolt.co.uk [195.149.21.11] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=191ms TTL=57
    Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=160ms TTL=57
    Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=80ms TTL=57
    Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=70ms TTL=57
    Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=80ms TTL=57
    Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=121ms TTL=57
    Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=100ms TTL=57
    Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=201ms TTL=57
    Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=110ms TTL=57
    Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=57
    Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=70ms TTL=57
    Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=100ms TTL=57
    Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=130ms TTL=57

Ping statistics for 195.149.21.11:
    Packets: Sent = 13, Received = 13, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 30ms, Maximum = 201ms, Average = 111ms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

same here, has anyone been in contact with Netsource Tech support to explain the ping problem?

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Lockup

Two months i've had to put up with Netsource chasing bandwidth for a quick fix solution. Each time its been negated within weeks. This company packs them in each week knowing full well theres no reasonable amount of bandwidth at there end to cope with it.

Pinging www.netsource.ie [212.17.32.48] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 212.17.32.48: bytes=32 time=256ms TTL=126
    Reply from 212.17.32.48: bytes=32 time=219ms TTL=126
    Reply from 212.17.32.48: bytes=32 time=177ms TTL=126
    Reply from 212.17.32.48: bytes=32 time=188ms TTL=126

Ping statistics for 212.17.32.48:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Minimum = 177ms, Maximum = 256ms, Average = 210ms

• Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭ando

If you have PingPlotter installed, you can have a look at this file:

www.nets2.com/misc/clarity.jolt.co.uk.zip

I left my pc pinging Jolt from about 7pm to 9. The ping starts going all over the place at around 7:30.. grr

I cant play fcuk all online now, pings are hopeless

Originally posted by ando
    I left my pc pinging Jolt from about 7pm to 9

OMG man! I think your obsession with pinging is starting to get out of control :)

One thing about Esat i have to say, even though i couldnt download jack **** a few nights ago before they fixed it, pings were always the same. 27 to boards and 36 to jolt. Rock solid...still dont know how that works...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Originally posted by Lockup
    Two months i've had to put up with Netsource chasing bandwidth for a quick fix solution. Each time its been negated within weeks. This company packs them in each week knowing full well theres no reasonable amount of bandwidth at there end to cope with it.

Yup...stack 'em and pack 'em. Ethos of the Irish BB providers. Thing is, if these companies knew that customers would rebel and complain enough then they might just get the picture and actually take steps to give Ireland the best broadband product in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Er ... there might be some dslam contention there fellas ... I've had sub 100 pings to netsource.ie all evening (the odd spike to 120) ... and thats with 30 - 40kb/s downloads going on ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

my pings are back to normal on IBB aswell... here;s mine to boards

Ping statistics for 217.114.166.147:
    Packets: Sent = 24, Received = 24, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Minimum = 27ms, Maximum = 83ms, Average = 36ms

Advertisement