Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zaireeka/Flaming lips Party

Options
  • 23-07-2003 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Ive had this record a while now and ive never tried to get a listening party organised, so im gonna give it a shot

For anyone who doesnt know what Zaireeka is, its a multpiple source recording by the flaming lips, it has four cds all to be played simultaeneously.

Well anyway its a pretty cool album and its pretty hard to listen to on yer own, so i have a few ideas for a gathering of people who want to listen to the album, i was hoping to get about twenty people with twenty cd players i.e 4 copies of the album go somewhere in the open and play the album and have a spiffingly good time, obviously more are welcome, and cds will be provided. at the moment i have three and i have posted on the flaming lips message board but there dont appear to be many people interested.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I was just planning to buy the album yesterday but altough there is four cd players in the house some of them are units that you cant move and in different rooms so I would only get to hear it properly now and again I was thinking of getting it just for partys though. Is it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Daylight

A friend of mine totally cheated and loaded the 4 discs up into his studio and synched them up so he could hear exactly what it was meant to sound like. Incredible by all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

Defeats the purpose really,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

its a very interesting album dereck,the songs arent fantastic but the music is real interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Engulfophobia_m

listening to this is weird it has certain sections which are almost unlistenable and can induce headaches and vomiting

• Advertisement
Advertisement