Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possible bret hart return??

• 23-07-2003 10:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

Hey...some sources are reporting that the word going around is that most highly expect Bret Hart to make some one-time return down the road. WrestleMania XX is when WWE wants it to happen, and most feel that's very possible.

What do you guys think of that?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

bret and Vince have been in talks for sometime about doing a farewell speech to the fans somewhere down the road, and talks were at an advanced stage, but what happened on RAW 2 weeks ago in montreal, when they bought up the whole 1997 screw job yet again seems to have cooled the negotiations right down.

if you goto www.brethart.com and look through his recent columns for the calgary sun you can see his take on the whole thing.

If vince keeps rubbing brets nose in it then it is highly unlikely that bret willl step into a WWE ring ever again.

Personally i would like to see a one off appearence by Bret on a WWE telecast again, but if he or his character is continually demeaned in anyway by the WWE then hes better off staying away

regards
    Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

i really cant see whats in it for bret to make a farewell speach - weve all been reading comments and interviews etc on this for years and i just dont get it - from brets perspective - unless it has something to do with securuing the release of wwe owned footage that he has talked about but knowing bret it would have to be more than that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

The thing about Hart is, at the minute, he's not good for a lot.

He can't get back in the ring thanks to Post Concussion (which Nowinski has also suffered the fate of recently)

His mic work is an acquired taste. Even his stuff on WWA was depressing to say the least (get your hands on Inception if you don't believe me)

He's far too stubborn, just like half the crowd at Montreal, he still refuses to let go. I mean, If Vince can give Hogan a break for testifying against him at the 1993 steriod trial, surely Bret can cut vince some slack.

Bret is so ****ing bitter it's inexcusable. He still gives Michaels **** for the 97 screwjob eventhough Michaels HAS actually apologised on Off The Record which Hart has clearly not bothered to check. I'm no Michaels fan (especially after the "losing my smile" stunt) but at the end of the day, he did what he was asked to do and WWE benefit from it in a big way as both Michaels and Hart were sacrificed for the building of Austin, whose feud with McMahon was the biggest draw they had in years and played a HUGE part in WWE grabbing the reins from WCW in the monday night wars in 98.

Just my 2c worth.
    Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I apologize,but i have to bring this thread back from the dead.

Recently enough,Kurt Angle said that he wants most to work with Bret Hart,and that he knows its not possible,but Bret is why Kurt loves wrestling(or something like that).

Bret said that if he was to wrestle anybody,it'd be Kurt.

Well, then a few days later,Kurt left a message on Bret's phone,and they met up to discuss many things-including a possible WMXX match.
    Bret told Kurt it would be near impossible. Kurt told Bret that this was his idea in the full-and that it wasn't anything to do with Vince tryin to make more money off of Bret. If Bret was to return,it would be more than likely in a non-wrestling role.

I don't know where they find this stuff out,but it sounds quite interesting-and possible-but i just dont think it'll happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement