Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohs!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Excellent, fair play to them, great tie for them and a nice bit of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

How much do they get for the win is it the full €200,000? Same as the later stages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

well done to them. Rosenberg wont be easy though. what are the chances of it being televised?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

well done bohs,but it shall be city who will be in the cl next year(unless bohs win the cl)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Well done indeed. I intended on going down to the game to see them but work got in the way. Any idea when the home leg of the Rosenborg tie is? I know the next stage in the qualifiers is next week.

[edit]Nevermind I found it at the bottom of your link[/edit]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Brilliant! Just brilliant! Who could have predicted a 3-0 win? Not Bate Borisov anyway. They were already discussing venues for the next round against Rosenborg!

Crowe's goal was class! Very well taken indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Good win and well done.
    We(ie the league) need a win in one of the legs v rosenborg and we get that extra point in the fifa rankings ,which gets us into the 2nd round of the CL and closer to 1st round of Uefa.

Thks to Pats and Bohs recent european games oh and the scum.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Fair played to them. Hopefully they can pull off a decent home result against Rosenborg.

Hopefully I'll make the match next week,

G'WAN THE GYPSIES

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭colster

Great result and performance.
    If they beat Rosenberg are they thru to the CL group stages?
    If so that would be absolutely amazing for Irish football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Great win. Three well-worked goals. Mighty night out. And great crack.

I mean. Lethargic ball boys getting BOTH keepers booked for time wasting because they couldn't get off their arses quick enough to throw the ball back from the empty terraces!!! You don't get that in the Gargling Premiership, and they can stick their prawn sandwiches up their.......

Am I right in thinking that three of the Bohs lineup (Hawkins, Heary and Crowe) were in the Irish under 20 team that came third in the world cup five or six years ago?

Roll on Rosenborg.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Originally posted by colster

If they beat Rosenberg are they thru to the CL group stages?

Im afraid not. They would still have one more qualifying stage to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Well done Bohs .. so they'll have to play 4 more games then they'd be in CL Groups ... ( Jeesus that'd be great)

Home Vs Rosenberg
    Away Vs Rosenberg

if they win above its ..
    Hame/Away Vs ??????

It's possible but unlikely ...

The 3rd round would be against such teams as
    Valencia
    Chelsea
    Newcastle
    Inter Milan
    3rd in Germany ??????

Teams from the top 4 UEFA ranked countries
    England
    Spain
    Italy
    Germany

It ensures they get in but Bohs will get at least 2.5 million for the games possibly more.
    Also with the .5 million for playing in the qualifiers (every team in it gets that) the Rosenborg game will get them a fair whack also about .5 million if they lucky.

Irony is they would have gotten a lot more if Tv3 or RTE showed them.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Irony is they would have gotten a lot more if Tv3 or RTE showed them.

no way!! i didn't know that
    that's bad by RTE, i'm sure a lot of people would be interested in watching those games, at least the Rosenborg on, and any CL ones following that

does that mean if they get into the CL proper we'll have to watch them on sky??

Sorry teams i posted above are wrong ,Uefa released the seeded teams for the draw which takes place on friday.

SEEDED TEAMS INCLUDE
    Ajax (Holland)
    Chelsea (England)
    Deportivo La Coruna (Spain)
    Dynamo Kiev (Ukraine)
    Galatasaray (Turkey)
    Lazio (Italy)
    Newcastle (England)

There are others but these will get the easiest draw.

The CL will be shown on RTE /TV3 UTV and Sky ,Sky will show every game UTV will show 2 ,RTE and TV3 1 each on different nights (Man Utd or Arsenal).

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by KdjaC
    UTV will show 2

UTV will only have 1 game a week. the other will be on ITV2. Sky will show everything except for those 2 games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Just wondering is it possible that rte/tv3 will show the bohs match live?

I remember last year, I think it was Shelbourne or something, in the first qualifying round, which they lost, and RTE showed one of the legs live.

If they didnt get much viewers for last years game I doubt they'll show this match. But a few reasons why this game will provide more interest and higher ratings are:

1. This is the second qualifying round which has more to offer.

2. Its against a good team which includes the likes of ex-celtic striker, Harald Brattback.

3.There was little or no advertising for last years game which obviously would affect the amount of viewers.

4. The eircom league has become more high profile in the last year or so.

5. This game has more to offer - as KdjaC said above, a win in just one of the legs means that the winner of the Eircom league this season will skip the first qualifying round and go straight into the second.

I amn't a fan of the Eircom league and I never went to an Irish league match in my life but I would, without a doubt, re-arrange any schedule I have on Wedensday to watch the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

yeah well done to bohs my only problem is that this will probably boost them and they will recover from their indifferent start and win the league. altough its better than shels winning it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Bohs will have a tie against Deportivo La Coruna if they are successful in their 2nd round CL qualifier against Rosenberg.

Hyzepher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Hyzepher
    Bohs will have a tie against Deportivo La Coruna if they are successful in their 2nd round CL qualifier against Rosenberg.

Hyzepher

Yep, wouldnt that be just great:

http://www.breakingnews.ie/story.asp?j=87521220&p=875zzx35&n=87522106&x=

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Now there is your definition for money spinner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭SteM

Originally posted by eireboy
    Just wondering is it possible that rte/tv3 will show the bohs match live?

According to RTE's Sorts mailing list:

3.Bohs game live on Network 2
    Bohemians' UEFA Champions League second round first leg clash with Norwegian side Rosenborg will be screened live from Dalymount Park on Network 2 this Wednesday evening. The programme begins at 7.30pm, with kick-off at 7.45pm.

So armchair fans who can't be bothered to put in a bit of effort to go to a live match can still see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Its defo on Network 2 :) ( think it might be sold out of tickets for ground)

If they get past Rosenberg and lose to Deportivo they still go back into UEFA Cup so they'd be giving themselves a good few money spinning opportuninties ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Wasn't sure whether RTE would bother their asses showing it so I got tickets last Friday:)

Is the new forat of the UEFA cup starting this year or what? If so then Boh's could amas a nice sum with all the group games they are guaranteed.

Just checked it out and the new format isn't coming in until next year. It's a pity because that new group stage is a good money spinner for the smaller clubs.

Advertisement