Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

United Threads

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I don't think he will because [allegedly] he demanded too much wages & chelski said no chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by PhatFiesta
    I don't think he will because [allegedly] he demanded too much wages & chelski said no chance

Doubt money is a problem, it was reported in the media yesterday that he may still move, but I don't think united will sell him unless they buy first, thats just my opinion do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭hoolio

If they got Aimar,Ayala and Gattuso they would be lethal alright.The first two they could possibly get but theres not much hope for Gattuso - he signed a new deal that lasts till 2008 - they'd have to pay far far too much,even for a player like him.

And this has nothing to do with it but Cisse isnt the top scorer in France.He got 14 goals this season,the leader got 26.Cisse is pure quality IMO though.He had a lethal start to the season but it all went downhill towards the end.He's a bit like Anelka but not as much of a twat.He's got world class potential but needs to get out of France.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

i'd be very happy having Ole and/or Forlan up front for my team

What team is thiat?

Ole I Understand but diego has not really set old trafford alight unless you count his hatrick in a reserve game. Hopefully he will prove me wrong next season but he does remind me of the proverbial headless chicken.

I'm not expecting to see him much this season - this is the same guy who was in Sunderland reserves last year ffs.I might be proved wrong by a shedloads of goals but i can't see him being more then a Worthington cup player.He's got Van Nistelrooy, Forlan and Solsjaer in front of him in the pecking order - all quality players.Though if Solsjaer ends up on the wing we might see him more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

And as for his ability? He's like Beckham i guess,runs around alot but doesn't accomplish much.So i hope you buy him so we can go buy someone much better.

How the hell is he like Beckham if he runs around a lot and doesn't accomplish much? Beckham did very little running around compared to Giggs, And I feel he accomplished quite a lot in his career to date. For example is he not the English captain and did he not get England to the world cup.

Back to the subject. Dyer is a decent player but its not woth wasting 25 million on an injury prone player.

For example is he not the English captain and did he not get England to the world cup.

Yeah and whats really strange is that the manager did not manufacture a situation so he could be sent home before the comp.

What team is thiat?

Newcastle.And no I wouldnt trade Bellamy and Ameobi for Ole and Forlan, i just meant that i do think they are both great players and i definitely wouldn't panic if they were my starting strikeforce. Ole knocks them in for fun and i have faith in Forlan to come good for some strange reason - maybe its cause he does try really hard,i'm not sure.

I hope your right about forlan .I like him a lot he tries his heart out
    maybe he was trying too hard and will settle down a bit next year and do the business. Fergie obviously saw some quality there to buy him . No mention of shearer in your strikers
    he is the one player I would have loved to see in a utd shirt when he was in his prime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by AthAnRi
    Jees Get off the guys case. If you don't like the thread then don't post a reply to it. Its pretty obvious that there not that stupid since his threads are top of the pile and recieving quite a few replies.

Well he could have put a few of them into one thread.

How the hell is he like Beckham if he runs around a lot and doesn't accomplish much?

I'm no fan of Beckham at all but the one good thing you can always say about him is that he does work hard in fairness to him.But hard work alone doesn't mean you are any good and i think that both Beckham and Dyer put themselves about alot and make it seem like they are doing something but usually they aren't.Thats what i mean.

And you could say that he single handedly got England to the world cup with the free kick but i'm not questioning his free kick ability - a better captain (in both footballing ability and leadership) and maybe England wouldnt have needed a last minute free kick (as good as it was). But thats just my opinion so i'm not going to get my knickers in a twist if you think the exact opposite (which i'm guessing you do).

And like you siad i'll get back to the subject:

There are very few players in the Premiership worth 25 million -Henry,Viera,Ruud,Owen,Gerrard and debatably Jenas are the ones that instantly come to mind and Dyer definitely isn't,he's just not good enough for that sort of a price tag.He's decent,just nothing great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Yeah sorry bout that hehe. I posted a few here and there today and everyone seemed interested in them so not my fault ;)

Originally posted by PhatFiesta

1) He didn't want to!

Why didn't he want to??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Ronaldinho was enjoying life on the bench at PSG because he has a massive ego and thinks he should run things and not the coach. Two of his previous team mates suffered from similar delusions, Messrs. Nicholas Anelka and Laurent Robert.

As for the transfer saga (this is a bit long):

Man Utd had been chasing Ronaldinho since the Beckham deal was agreed with Real Madrid.

They could have signed him for £15M before the Confederations Cup but they hesitated, this let in Real Madrid (a club who PSG still owed €10M to for Anelka). Real made an offer of €30M (£21M) which meant that PSG could keep the money owed for Anelka as a down payment and keep the player for the coming season. As far as PSG, the media and the public were concerned this was a genuine bid for the player. Behind closed doors in Madrid it was not - Real are strapped for cash and by driving up the price of the player they were assured of getting the money owed to them by PSG who are also cash strapped.

Man Utd representatives verbally offered a deal including Fabien Barthez valued at €33M and on the three occassions that they were asked to formally submit the offer they did not confirm the offer agreed. They faxed an offer of £17M (€24.5M), £19M (€27.5M) and an offer without any value stated.

Barcelona made an initial offer worth €30M (players + cash). PSG rejected the offer because Man Utd were going to pay more. At this point Barca conceded defeat in the transfer.

Behind the scenes Man Utd were agreeing terms with Ronaldinho's agent - they thought that if they got everything ironed out they could force PSG to lower the fee. But as the PSG club president said : "It's the club who will decide what offers to accept and not the player's agent."

Kenyon issuing the ultimatum to PSG was just Man Utd playing to the gallery - PSG had already told them that they would no longer deal with them. Barca were told that if they offered the €30M without players involved the offer would be accepted.

The new Barcelona President jumped at the offer because he needed a big name signing and what better than the player who both their great rivals Real Madrid and Man Utd wanted to replace Beckham (who coincidently snubbed Barca as he had already signed for Real). The stuff of fairytales for the Barca supporters.

PSG contacted Real Madrid at the weekend to say Ronaldinho would be joining Barcelona for €30M, Florentino Perez responded saying "It will make La Liga stronger". He wasn't the least bit upset by the news because Real are getting their money, and who's coughing it up but Barcelona!

The question is if Man Utd really wanted the player why didn't they formally offer the £15M (€21.5M) at the start of June? Instead they offered £12M (€17M) which is how they whole saga dragged on until after the Barcelona presidential election and Beckham signed for Real Madrid.

The board at Real Madrid suspected that there were severe cash flow problems at Man Utd when they were insisting on guarantees being put in place regarding the initial payments for Beckham.

Would'nt Saviola of Barcelona be a quality player for United?

• Advertisement

Of course - he would be a quality striker for any club. The question is could they afford him?

All during the negotiations, he maintained he was leaving PSG because they weren't in the Champions League [same reason he turned down Chelsea & Real Madrid - who wanted him to stay @ PSG for another season (so no Champions League football)] .... then he signs for Barca [no Champions League Football] & rebukes the only team offering him Champions League Football on tap!!

Why would they not be able to afford him? I mean how much have they to spend?

He'll never sign for United, because I'd say Barca will never do business with United after the Beckham fiasco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

there is no question sav is a decent player.but as an actual genuinely world class player,then no i dont think so,only in cm3

• Advertisement

First and foremost he wanted out of PSG this summer - no matter what he did not want to be at PSG next season.

He couldn't sign for Man Utd if they weren't willing to pay for him.

Since signing for Barcelona all his press comments have been to endear himself to the supporters of the club as is to be expected.

Yeah you are right there. And i've also heard that Ricardo Querasma has signed for Barcelona.

Originally posted by denis_o_leary

There is a rumour going around [& I hope that's all it is], that United are broke!! Can't see how it's true myself, but hey, stranger things have happened!!

Should Joe Cole and Jermaine Defoe follow in Rio's footsteps and join United?

Originally posted by denis_o_leary
    Barcelona will demand a high fee for Saviola - the only reason they are looking to sell him is because they have too many non-EU players on their books. They were hoping that he would be eligible for Spanish citizenship but he's not. They don't have to sell him - they can get rid of another foreign player instead but Saviola would generate the most interest. Inter Milan have already made an inquiry.

As for Man Utd's money bank: The Real Madrid board suspected there were problems because of the way they wanted to be paid for Beckham (see the Ronaldinho thread). The fact that the club entertained a £14M offer for Veron when they signed him for £28M a couple of years ago has only fueled the speculation. There have recently been snippets in the English press about the club having cash problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

I think hes a suberb player however like all players it`ll take a couple of years before his ultimate potential becomes apparant. I saw his performance on MUTV it was stellar. lets see how he can cut it in the champions league.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Brian O'Leary

Can u imagine having Rio and Mexes at da heart of your defence!!!

I think that Howard will do great at United and I am happy to c Barthez out:D

I think that Fernando Torres will be a top quality player in a few years time and he was rated one of the best players in La Liga.

Well I dont think they will but it would b cool 2 c them play for United.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

are you 2 connected in any way. in a short space of time you have bombarded the forum with threads about Manchester United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

I don't totally disagree with what your saying Hoolio my man. I agree that Beckham can drift in and out of games. Compared to Keane he gives the ball away a hell of a lot, but I think that he is more than just a free taker or a work horse.

Now I'm not saying that he is worth 25 million or anything I just think that he contributed more from play than Dyer could. My point being that it would be ridiculous to sell Beckham and then possibly pay more money for a player that isn't as good as him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well the 2 O'Leary Accounts are from the same IP address. Now I expect a good explanation why this is from one of you.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Hmm interesting :ninja:

Very sorry. Brian is my cousin and he is addicted to soccor. I introduced him to boards and he used my account to post all them threads. Then he went home made his own account and posted more. I'm ringing him now to tell him to stop. Very sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Dyer is a great player and will only get better.
    As for Bellion, the next Henry?????? Hmmm doubtful, Henry came from Juventus and Bellion came from Sunderland Reserves, nuff said really!
    Both French and quick but thats where it ends i think
    But then again time will tell and hopefully prove me wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

brian o leary and denis o leary...**** off you inbred ****s. Your just spamming the forum with ****. Utter ****e. **** off. Please ban them...

Very sorry. Brian is my cousin and he is addicted to soccor. I introduced him to boards and he used my account to post all them threads. Then he went home made his own account and posted more. I'm ringing him now to tell him to stop. Very sorry!
    Utter Bull****...just ban them please...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by 50Cent
    Utter Bull****...just ban them please...

Am ummm sorry but his excuse is actually Genuine.
    Lets leave it at that now, eh?

Hey man I wouldnt do such a thing. I hate Soccer. I dont know anything about soccer. Boards is class and i wouldnt just bombard it with threads about something i dont even know anything about! So get off my case. Have I ever caused any trouble bfore this?? no! And i'm nver leaving anyone else use my account again thats for sure! If i ever do something like this then please do ban me bcoz it means someone has found out my password. But not now! Boards is incredible so please give me another chance.

do i look like a moderator?

I still want you banned...i have no power to ban you but i want you banned...

AthAnRi i agree 100% with everything you just said.What i basically meant in the beginning was that i thought Dyer/Beckham had a similarity in that they both ran plenty but didn't contibute enough that they would be sorely missed,but yeah of the two Beckham is definitely better then Dyer,sorry about any mix up.Anyway I'd gladly take 12m+ for Dyer and then laugh at how we'd screwed Man U out of so much cash.

do i look like a moderator?

I still want you banned...i have no power to ban you but i want you banned...

YES YOU ARE NOT A MODERATOR.

NO one is getting banned. I talked to Denis via PM and this has been cleared. He has been warned and if I see something like this again then I'll take action.

Of course 50cent if you want someone banned I could start with you !

Gandalf.

Originally posted by gandalf
    YES YOU ARE NOT A MODERATOR.

NO one is getting banned. I talked to Denis via PM and this has been cleared. He has been warned and if I see something like this again then I'll take action.

Gandalf.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Idont want Cisse, Guti or any real madrid rejects for that matter.

i want Aimar and Samuel Eto.

Samuel Eto is a Real Madrid reject! :D

As far as I know they still own a considerable percentage of the player too.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D X2

Please dont ban 50cent the rest of us will have noone to laught at it you do.

Hey andy Id get that blood pressure checed if i were you.
    A Chil Pill is the order of the day for you.

Obviously the same ip for different posters is suspicious but
    grandalf has matters in hand and is being fair by giving the benefit of the doubt on this occasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

A Real Madrid reject he may have been but he still a very good player.

Players do sometimes fall through a clubs system without being noticed for their full potential .

Bannor , any news from your buddy in Spain today ? In partcular Aimar and Ayala , how are Valencia fixed financially ?

Wasn't there some interest from bigger clubs in Eto ? Valencia I think ??

Originally posted by The Muppet

Obviously the same ip for different posters is suspicious but
    grandalf has matters in hand and is being fair by giving the benefit of the doubt on this occasion.

They both use the same ISP, I know for a fact that they are different people in different places but perhaps there was a huge coinsidence that once denis went off that he hopped on to denis's previous IP range

Seeing that i'm given out to if I create a new thread I will post my thoughts here. I think Man Utd are losing their touch bcoz they have bought no real quality players yet this season and I dont think they will either. No offense to David Bellion, Tim Howard or Djemba-Djemba!

• Advertisement
Advertisement