Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Working Class Heroes

Options
  • 24-07-2003 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

hard working class heroes
    one venue/two days/three stages/one vision

project arts centre temple bar
    tickets available from Road records, Fade st. Dublin2
    or online: www.roadrecs.com
    18 Euro per day

sunday 03 august:
    turn/the walls/sack/berkely/fairuza/8ball/la rocca/npb/stars of the city/wallmark/the voyeurs/the 66 electric/harold holt/pinion/life after modelling/the chapters/choice cuts

monday 04 august:
    woodstar/halite/decal/nina hynes/q aka colm quearney/bronco billy/listo/the things/hi rise/alphastates (babelfish)/subtonics/republic of loose/toco/cabrini green/dirt blue gene/the lost clocks/karl him/alice jago/nylon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

WOW! do mine eyes lie! or could this event be the best collection of irish artists for a long time!
    i'll be there that's for sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Al Pinionpants

Yeah it's really gonna be rockin, and if you go to the Hot Press site they have a competition to win tickets as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

If you can be prepared to pay 20 yoyo for the privilege of usin their site..barstewards.

Id rather spend my 20 quid on this gig.

Bit of a good line up eh, do they all get 10 mins each or what.

No complaints here tho...looks fandabidozy

yeah hotpress sucks! but luckaly we don't have to be involved with them as long as the bands playing can take our minds off it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

Damn cork danm it good!!

Can't believe I'll miss all this cos I'll be in CORK!!!

• Advertisement

HA HA sucker!!!:p

Think of it as punishment from god... because you weren't born in cork you got off lightly,
    so remember one and all, cork brings nothing but pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

i'm from cork... anyway i'm sure you can forgive me for that... yeah i'm goin to that gig in project, i read about it in the Ticket.. the way it works it'll be in a similar format to Later, with Jules Holland, basically the stages are around in a circle and it's like a relay thing each band has the same amount of time there's no headliner, hence why all the names on the posters are the same size... it's a genre spanning night out where a band will play one tune and the next band will be ready on the next stage and it'll get back to the first band and start again, they'll all have about four songs each... the philosophy behind it is to get ppl to broaden their music tastes to include a wide range of "genres", i personally think it's a beautifully concieved project and represents everything i stand for where music is concerned, oh yeah there's no stage as such either... the musicians will be at the same height as the audience... i can't wait

Originally posted by Shanannigan
    i'm from cork...

i'm so.. so sorry.;)

not long now,

this weeks hot press comes with a free cd...
    but there's actually two different cds with the same front cover, but with different track listings on the back. Which means: if you buy both versions, it amounts to 36 tracks for 7 euro, and you get two copies of hot press to do with as you will.

ps we're on cd2 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 conor-immediate

I got Hotpress this week and I put on the free CD - It's just one track of complete silence and it's 65 minutes long. Has this happened to anyone else?

• Advertisement

yep, those fools who duplicated the CD ****ed it up and it wont work, so email Hot Press and they'll get one out to you... maybe?

there's actually two CDs, but they both have the same front cover, the track listings on the back are different

CD2 doesn't work CD1 does

unfortunately our track is on CD2 GRR

Nobody was more pissed off than me.

I can tell you that "watermark" were pretty pissed off to!

but the show was very... most of the bands were very good.
    it was a pity to see a few of the bands having equipment problems. "Harold Holt" were very good, and "the voyeurs" were good to.
    "Think" was probably the most out-classed band on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

And Berkeley stole the gnikcuf show!!!

Damn it!!! i missed the last few acts, had to get the damn bus home!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

That was a legend gig. Berkeley rocked, Turn sounded magnificent, DJs were... hmmm... out of place?! Lots of beautiful women at the gig. Big up to the organisers!

How did last night go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

The first night was better, but that's not to say that last night wasn't great, there were some excellent bands playing then too! Brilliant way to celebrate a bank holiday weekend!
    Fair play to the organisers!
    xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

was only there for 1st night....fookin animal, fair play to all the bands and organisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Yeah, 1st night merchant was I. Great idea, and nearly all the bands were great (cept Think, didn't like them at all).

Pity about the sound problems, and the fact that the guitarist from NPB has fooked off to be replaced by somebody from LAM (who didn't even notice the fact that his guitar couldn't be heard)

Advertisement