Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EsatBt Business Package

Options
  • 24-07-2003 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭

Is any one on the esat bt business package .

If so could they please ping radox , ukt and jolt.

Also ive been hearing some roumers going around that it takes like 3 months for esat bt business to get installed .

Could ne one tell me about the waiting length you have to wait to get connected up thaNKS.

Its the waiting length that im most interested in also whats the download speeds like and is it uncapped as I cant seem to get ne info on it from iol website ill ring 2morrow .

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Don't have it myself, but you won't find the info on IOL. All of Esat BTs products are listed on http://www.esatbt.com/ie/products/index.html with Esat BT DSL at http://www.esatbt.com/ie/products/access/dsl/

Hope the above helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

Hope you're patient...I'll be waiting six weeks this friday and Bysanko said in This thread that he was waiting 3 months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Ive been waiting 2 weeks thus far. I was told abot 14-19working days. Ill believe it when i see it.

It does take a lot longer apparently if you convert your ISDN to it instead of a POTS line. I'll post if/when i get it. (could be, as people have said, months away tho.)

There is no cap on EsatBT Business products.
    Contention is 24:1. It uses the fastpath algorithim. I believe DOS pings between 20-30ms are being gotten to Jolt....check the pings thread (sticky) at top of this forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I know the specs of it hecne the reason i want it :)

I know the ping 20s and 30s etc but what im wondering is the waiting list to get connected to it , is it defo 3 months or is it defo going to be under a month i could live with it being a month
    that would not bother me for the service with no cap is pretty amazing ,

Any way how much does it cost to get installed and also is it self install or engineer , also do they suppy the router/modem for free thanks

Just wondering if this sounds rite ?

Product Name Installation
    Charge Monthly Rental
    Charge Equipment
    ADSL 512k/256k €125.64 €90.00 Included
    ADSL 1M/256k €125.64 €175.00 Included
    ADSL 2M/256k €150.00 €340.00 Included

• Advertisement

Yer those prices look about the ones i was sent by email.

Was just being thorough with my post giving you all the details i thought you wanted from looking at your question ;)

Those prices are the ones i got in the mail from them. Dont forget to add VAT to them tho as they dont give VAT inclusive prices for businesses.

I got my install half price from the head engineer in Dun Laoghaire (sound bloke). Don't think theres a self install option as its for businesses. At least i wasnt offered it in the email.

If you get this for home then you'd eb considered a sole trader which slows down your order a bit as the accounts department have to do extra checks on you. (they ask how long u been living at address,employment, how long with bank etc. The Usual)

Been on the phone there just got all the email **** ,

All im saying is that im a free lance web designer and programmer which is true to most extent.

I know it costs about 109 a month with vat.

Just ordered a new comp as well well the parts for one which will be here soon so if all goes well then i should have everything set up by the end of august .

B-K how long were you waiting , the 125 quid install fee aint to bad can live with that as money aint really the issue

i'm still waiting ;)

Ordered 13 days ago so still well within the estimated time.
    I'll give ya more info as soon as i get it.

The modem is 'free' btw and is supposedly a fairly good one. (u asked earlier)

ne one got ne ping statistics with the modem that they provide thinking about buying one mainly the D Link DSL 504 but if this one gives me good ms per milli secs to servers and the dl speed is good then I will keep the standard one they give you

Are you a home user B-K?

Did you have to go through a rake of ****

well keep me posted on your status thanks , also the installation fee you pay that about a month later when you get your first bill correct ?

yer i will be a home user when (if) i eventually get it.
    I'll let ya know when i get it and can answer any questions then.

I didnt have to go through any****.

I rang em up on the friday, faxed the forms in that day (to get half price install) then he rang me last thursday to get some details for the accounts department. Havent heard anything since so assume all is ok.
    I'll send them a mail next week some time and request the status of my order. Ive found the guy that ive been dealign with friendly and helpful(didnt do ne ahrm with the offer i got ;) ).

• Advertisement
Advertisement