Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't believe it!

• 24-07-2003 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27

I applied for a job in the institution where i work and met someone from personnel dept. on my way home from work yesterday. I asked her when the interviews were being held and she said this morning!
    I didn't even get a letter to say i wasn't getting an interview!!!
    When I arrived in work this morning there was a pfo letter there waiting for me.
    Is this illegal does anyone know to not be notified until the interviews are actually taking place?
    I can't believe this is happening!!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I hate to say it, but most of the time jobs like this are already filled and they are just satisfying the law that says they have to be advertised.

I know of many a job that was advertised for the sake of not breaking any laws but those interviewed were merely wasting their time as the job was already given to someone else internally and they were just waiting until the interviews were over so that they could take up their new position.

That just the way things are..

you could go and kick up about it, but chances are, that because you already work there, you would only be making life more difficult for yourself.. and things like that are almost impossible to prove..

Tox

Advertisement