Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EP 5 is here!!!!

Options
  • 24-07-2003 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭

You can download the new EP5 now:

There is two versions one is the update itself with no data. you can download this if you already have the EP3 with data update.(14MB)

The second verison is EP5 with the EP3 data update. there is no new data update included in this.(46MB)

Here are the download links:

EP5 (No Data)

EP5 (With Data)

EP5 (No Data) Mirror 2

EP5 (With Data) Mirror 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

so what do yis think of EP5 then?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Well it is certainly quite big anyway :)

Haven't had enough time playing it yet to get a good run up...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Havent managed to play it with EP5 yet, but dont play CM much in the summer.

I am sure when the winter nights come it will get back my full attention!

Glad to see the media has been improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

i have started to give away awful goals! I had a free kick on the edge of my own box towards the left hand side. Barry took it and it went straight to the striker at a right angle accross the box and he scored! This has since happened three times. And to add to my fustration i conceded a goal from their goal kick cause my goalie went for a little run up the field!

Whats goin on do i have a malicous computer or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

From what I can tell EP5 is the business.

I only using it on a EP4 save game but the effect is good it seems a bit quicker, the transfer market makes sense and is fun to play again, media is better but not that much better (I'm putting that down to it being a save game) overall thumbs up all round.

I've just paused (for work) from a marathon two player hot seat game (Real Madrid and Barcelona) I think the two of us put in something like 15 hours yesterday.

We both agree CM is back. Yes it's back.

PS Lafortezza was Real Madrid and he finished the season trophyless. Trophyless!!! I won the domestic double. Woohoo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by DapperGent
    From what I can tell EP5 is the business.

PS Lafortezza was Real Madrid and he finished the season trophyless. Trophyless!!! I won the domestic double. Woohoo.

I lost the champs league final to Juventus because I didn't have 3 first choice defenders, and Helguera got sent off, and Zidane decided to **** about and not play.

Didn't see you in the champs league....

You only won the league cos you won more matches....and cos I didn't win enough, and my lads were tired and ...yeah...

but this season I'm going to win everything,
    Starting 11
    Casillas
    R Carlos, Ayala, Montero, Mancini

Figo, Zidane, helguera, solari

raul ronaldo

much better than your 1st 11, and I've got better backups too

I prefer my squad rotation lads to be honest and your first teamers are too old.

Plus there isn't too much wrong with:

Bonano

Puyol Iuliani Terry Athirson

Rufete Deco Xavi Cole

Saviola Mido

As a first choice eleven.

Subs: Cristiano Ronaldo, Kapo, Enke, Yobo, Glen Johnson, Luis Enrique, Cocu, Motta, Defoe.

What do you reckon lads who has the edge.

P.S. Got to ECL semis beaten by Juventus as well.

I prefer my squad rotation lads to be honest and your first teamers are too old.

All my 1st teamers are between 26 and 31, at their peak to be honest, Montero is 32, plenty of young lads rotating in, so no probs with age at all

Rufete Deco Xavi Cole
    Saviola Mido
    As a first choice eleven.
    Subs: Cristiano Ronaldo, Kapo, Enke, Yobo, Glen Johnson, Luis Enrique, Cocu, Motta, Defoe.
    What do you reckon lads who has the edge.

You haven't got Rufete yet, you don't have a big strong DMC, Xavi, Deco and Joe Cole are all weak and not very aggressive,
    you're keepers aren't the greatest consistancy wise either,

I suppose we'll see when the new season starts

Originally posted by lafortezza
    I suppose we'll see when the new season starts
    I suppose we will. But even if you kick my ass it still won't change the fact that you smell of poo.

I suppose we will. But even if you kick my ass it still won't change the fact that you smell of poo.

but I have the cream from the doctor...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I find Enke is better than Bonano. He's keeping him out of my team anyway.
    God awful on crosses though. I need to get myself a rock solid centre half. Eventually I will land Nesta, no matter what.

Originally posted by Makaveli
    I find Enke is better than Bonano. He's keeping him out of my team anyway.
    God awful on crosses though. I need to get myself a rock solid centre half. Eventually I will land Nesta, no matter what.
    I'm not too sure of either of them so I signed up Esteban who was amazing for me in the past.

But you never know with keepers they're all cheeky feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Originally posted by lafortezza
    You only won the league cos you won more matches

How do you normally do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

got it but after I updated it my fioriantina save game crashed after all the hours I spent on it. Im now playing as alaves (4th in the league and uefa cup win first season) its playing brilliantly now lightning compared to the past most bugs seem to be gone and Ivan Alonso is the new Pele.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

Does anyone know if a Transfer update for CM4 will be released.
    I got the Editor just for that purpose but i couldnt be bothered going through the endless list of transfers so......

Does anyone Knoe if there will be a transfer update released

Plus does anyone know when the next CM4 magazine is out coz i got the may issue but the july issue still hasnt arrived into easons in the square,Tallaght.

Originally posted by Scouser
    Does anyone know if a Transfer update for CM4 will be released.
    I got the Editor just for that purpose but i couldnt be bothered going through the endless list of transfers so......

Does anyone Knoe if there will be a transfer update released

I don't think there'll be another update before CM k03/04 or the next official release.

There's some unofficial transfer updates around the web, maybe try theDugout.net

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

I actually tried the dug out after i posted this thread and there was a transfer update which i promtly downloaded.

Good man Thanks anyway for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

After installing the patch(5 with no data) my team started playing very badly. Didn't notice any positive effect on the gameplay and the severe drop in form annoyed me. Going to reinstall the game without the patch i think.

Do you play gung ho as one of the things the patch does is to readdress the balance as it was felt gung ho was too succesful.

i play Gung Ho on Ep5 the whole time, and it seems the best way to get goals and keep teams pinned back, for example this team beat Barcelona 5-2 on agg. in the semis and AC Milan 3-1 in the European Cup final!

Enkleman

Mexes
    Alpay
    Barry

Samuel
    Bridge

Stephan Cooke
    Robert

Joe Cole

JP Angle
    Ronaldinho

• Advertisement

I said it was less succesful but that doesnt mean its totaly unsucessful it depends on the team and sometimes as in real life you can have good tactics but youre team can still play sh*t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

Gung Ho is a dangerous one to play one...

I feel normal is the best and if you get a few goal, move up to gung ho.

yeah you do get caught on the break quite often but usually i come out of a game wit 2-3 goals anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

counter-attacking style works quite well on EP5. Got Millwall promoted in the first season, then got to 7th in the Premiership in the second using a counter-attacking style. Just started 3rd season. Just signed Joe Cole and Kim Kallstrom as well as Ian Harte, and already got Jermaine Defoe last season, so my squad's starting to look very respectable. Finished upgrading my training facilities too. Only concern is that I won;t be able to use the squad rotation system to cushion the effects of bad morale this season because I had to sell lots of players to be able to afford wages for Cole, Kallstrom etc. Won against Arsemal, Newcastle and Man Utd using the counter attack, before signing any big names. My counter-attack style: defensive/men-behind ball with normal style wingers and attacking strikers. Basically get everyone to defend except two pacy forwards to pick up loose balls.

Advertisement