Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Configure S55 GPRS / Vodadrone

• 24-07-2003 11:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭

Just got an S55 second hand, as such it has 02 settings for GPRS / WAP / EMAIL etc.

Anyone know settings for Vodafone?

TIA
    S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 wobble

Try this link.

btw I am thinking of getting a S55. what is the phone like? Where did you get it how much was it?

Does it have a built in email client?

:w)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Cheers saw that yesterday, got it working no problems!

I swapped a nokia 6610 for it, I think in terms of functionality it is miles ahead of the nokia - barr the screen and FM radio. It's only let down is the screen.

It has a built in POP3 / IMAP4 / SMTP email client.

Standard package comes with the camera, RS232 data cable and plenty of software for the phone and PC.

I'd highly recommend it, or the SL55 - which has a 4096 colour screen ala the 6610.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 wobble

was the phone unlocked or did you do this ur self? If you did was it easy and could you do it from your pc?

:w)

It was unlocked .... :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I honestly dont understand why anyone would swap a decent Nokia handset for a Siemens handset. I think they purposely make there phone difficult to use. What would take 3 button presses on a Nokia would take 7 or 8 on a Siemens.

• Advertisement

Well I had a Siemens before and it always seemed easy to use.

The 2 things we do most is call some-one - 1 / 2 presses
    SMS - 1 press + up to 160 presses ;-)

I like the way you can program short cuts - can't do that on Nokia but in terms of the 2 phones the Siemens is MUCH better value.

Just for example: expansys prices

S55 RRP £146.29 exc. vat includes camera, cable, etc. etc.

6610 RRP £161.96 exc. vat
    HS-1C Camera £36.25 exc vat
    DKU-5 Cable £32.00 exc vat

As I said the only thing I can fault Siemens on is the colour screen is nowhere as good as a Nokia 6610, but overall I am v. happy with the switch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

All down to personal taste I suppose, personally I couldnt sway from Nokia at all... That ends this one I think,.

Advertisement