Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help Identifying part

Options
  • 24-07-2003 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what this thing is, it's on the inside wall of my house and have phone lines going into it. I think it is a splitter? Will it be ok to take it off? My net connection is strangled by something I think it is this (28.8kbps max connection)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Do you have two phonelines ? I'd be extremely wary of messing with it. Not because it's dangerous as such, but rather I don't believe it's your property..

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

That is indeed a splitter...

don't think you can take it off just like that tho as two lines would be using it. .....someone would lose a line.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I had two lines in the house but got one disconnected. I asked Eircon about it and as usual they siad they know nothing about them. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

I wouldn't touch it M8 a split line is carrying some heavy voltage and you would get a nasty belt from it, you won't get a dial tone on the pair coming in from the exchange and you would likely ruin any phone you connect to it. Hassle Eircom into removing it for you.

Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

you could probably demand that they remove it from your premesis? any one tried that method? :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement