Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

United fail again

• 24-07-2003 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Personally,I am furious over Uniteds failure to capture both Ronaldinho and Duff. Peter Kenyon the f*#ker says he didn't want to make any " panic buys " because the fans did not want it. I mean what kind of fan would not want Duff on their team? This left Duff go to Chealsea although he admitted that he would rather go to Man Utd. As for Ronaldinho, United could have got him before the Confederation Cup for £15 million but their hesitation left him go to Barcalona. United should now buy somebody like Aimar, Totti, or Pavel Nedved to add a bit of class to the side!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Don't mean to sound like I'm giving out, because I know you're only expressing your opinion, but you should give the other threads a read before you post a new one!!

I only say this because these points were covered in other threads .... Gandalf is already annoyed with the amount of threads about United stating the same things!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106822

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Its obvious he is not a United supporter as all he does is bitch about them.

Thats not what supporters do.

Perhaps he would prefer the eighties with Edwards in charge and the odd cup win every five years. If he can remeber that far back.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Brian O'Leary

Hey! I'm an avid Man Utd fan and i've been to Old Trafford ten times and i've met all the players. I'm only interested in the future of the club and i'm just posting my thoughts which I thought this was for. Sorry, I never knew ye were such ABU's.

Im a United supprter also but you will never hear me bitch about them the way you are. IMO Kenyon is doing a good job and if money-grabbers like Ronaldinho want to join an average team not in the CL instead of one of the best in Europe then thats his loss not Uniteds.

So you are saying that you wouldn't like Ronaldinho playing for United?

• Advertisement

Not now after seeing the way he and his brother conducted themselves.

If United had put in the right bid Ronaldinho would have come no bother!

Ronaldinho actually stated that we wished to join United.

If had wanted to sign for United he would have told PSG he was not interested in joining Barca so they would have had to ignore their offer. A club can not force a player to sign for another club against his wishes.

For him to then sign for Barca shows what his ambitions are. Money money money.

They will not win la liga, have an outside chance of the uefa cup and might not qualify for CL again next season.

Thats ambition for you. And United can do without his kind. Give me Ole or Nicky Butt any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Ronaldinho wasn't in a position to force PSG into accepting a deflated bid from Man Utd - Unlike Kewell, he had four years remaining on his contract. PSG had already accepted the offer worth €30M (£21M) from Real, which meant he would stay with PSG for the coming season, and because of his problems with the manager he wasn't guaranteed to play throughout the season if he remained at PSG.

If Man Utd were serious about signing him they would have paid the £15M first day. Why refuse to pay £15M and then submit two higher offers weeks later when a bid worth £21M had already been accepted for the player?

What about Aimar or Totti?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

I dont believe this....why are you posting over and over again OLD OLD OLD OLD OLD news? Why? Just answer...WHY? This place is turning into the pits with all this boring old news....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Get off his case 50cent he started thsi thread and is entitle to post his questions and opinions like the rest of us. so if you cant be constructive shut the f**k up.
    BTW if you send me one more insulting private message like the last one i am going to have to make you regret it ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bort

Originally posted by Brian O'Leary
    What about Aimar or Totti?

Im not so sure Aimar has what it takes to play in the premiership week in week out and as for Totti, i seriously dont think he'd leave Roma for less than 35 - 40 million and it just not worth the risk these days.

If it were up to me then i think they should go for someone like del Peiro - just to play right behind van Nistlerooy

And as for Ronaldinho, the guy was asking for a private helicopter for jayneys sake!!! :) He also is a member of most of the strip clubs in Paris, so a mediocre clud like Barca can have him if ye ask me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Originally posted by 50Cent
    I dont believe this....why are you posting over and over again OLD OLD OLD OLD OLD news? Why? Just answer...WHY? This place is turning into the pits with all this boring old news....

Why don't you just go somewhere like lowlifesforums.com or something. Its where you belong. Stop complaining and interact in a postitive way like others. Right?

Jees like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

No British club could/will ever get Totti or Del Piero... so just forget that little fantasy :]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Webmonkey
    Why don't you just go somewhere like lowlifesforums.com or something.
    Jees like

i think thats good advice for all man utd fans tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

i think thats good advice for all man utd fans tbh

:rolleyes:
    The muppetry/ err faniscm (similar to racism :p ) is getting out of control again. Was fine for a while with no one lumping all supporters into one group but this is 3rd post like this iv'e seen in two days.

OT:
    Dont know who ManU should buy at this stage or if they'd get anyone. The season starts in a few weeks then it will be no more transfers till the window so if they get someone they better hurry up :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

No football makes football fans somfin somfin.

Notice how calm and happy the people who support EL teams are.

kdjac

But kenyon didnt want Duff. The ronaldinho thing was a disgrace...I have to say.

And The Muppet, you abuse me...and ill abuse you back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

50cent he abuses you, you tell me. You do not fire up public abuse here or threaten him via PM. You have been warned by PM already this week.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement

I pm'd you Gandalf...no threats were made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

50cent
    And The Muppet, you abuse me...and ill abuse you back.
    I paticipate here to talk football. I have no intention of being baited by you. Leave off with the private messages or i am liable to consider your taunts as something personal. That is the last warning I am giving you.

The Muppet, ive no problem with you. I just didnt like a particular comment you said about me so i retaliated. Stop going overboard...lets drop this. its ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,629 ✭✭✭✭Sand

E Thug.

Dont mess with me.... Or Ill argue with you on the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Will a mod just lock this thread or the whole boards.ie community will be argueing!

Advertisement