Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband

Options
  • 24-07-2003 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm pretty new to this game and was conducting some research using the boards on Broadband options in Dublin. Am I missing something or is the NTL broadband offer the best one around ???

Anyone know the areas they supply service to? Are there any major disadvantages to going NTL over the others (Netsource, IOL etc - definitely not Eircom, although Netsource's installation fee is high and there's no modem included, so don't see why they are perceived as better than Eircom)

Thxs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Im not sure exactly where NTL are but i think parts of rathfarnham and tallaght are covered along with a few other select areas. NTL is the best on price by a long way but is in a very limited area.

Netsource DSL is uncapped, that means you can download as much as you want in a month without getting any extra charge.

Eircom allow you to download a set amount depending what product you take. Anything over this amount results in you being charged a certain amount per megabyte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

To be honest with everyone I wouldnt bank on NTL offering broadband at all. They have run their business over here into the ground through complacency and lack of expansion. Scratch them from your possible list and have a look at UTV broadband or Netsource DSL. Alternatively you can look at the wireless BB options in your area if your concerned about a cap. Do they offer services without a cap?

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Matfinn
    To be honest with everyone I wouldnt bank on NTL offering broadband at all. They have run their business over here into the ground through complacency and lack of expansion. Scratch them from your possible list and have a look at UTV broadband or Netsource DSL. Alternatively you can look at the wireless BB options in your area if your concerned about a cap. Do they offer services without a cap?

Matt

Actually ntl Ireland are very profitable unlike their european parent. The problem is that they cannot afford the massive capital outlay it would take to lay 2 way cable all over dublin.

If your in the ntl areas (small parts of south dublin) then its the best Broadband deal in ireland.

There is no cap on the ntl cable service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

That is true Dustaz, but since it only serves such a small area of Ireland and indeed Dublin I would think that its not feasible for alot of people who are outside the franchise areas. Anyone banking on getting NTL Cable should look elsewhere for broadband if theyre not in the franchise area.

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Chowley

I think most wireless offerings are indeed uncapped the only one I know that isnt is amocom in Cork.:mad:

Dustaz what do you think od that colour? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement