Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EBS Building Society - Business Account

Options
  • 24-07-2003 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

I enquired with the EBS Building Society about their business account; for some reason I hadn't thought about a Building Society before.

Apparently, I can deposit all cheques in this business account with *no* lodgement fees. There's a cash card, but no cheque book.

Though they said they will draw up a cheque anytime I need one at no cost!

So, my question is - is there any drawbacks with this? Why doesn't everyone have a business account with them?

An account with no fees? Am I missing something here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I dont have a business account
    I have a personal account
    I have never been charged for any transactions I have ever made

the only draw backs I have encountered is :
    they don't do Credit cards (Aib do them with EBS logo)
    can't pay bills with them
    ATM cards only work with AIB ATM's

Money transfered takes(yes and no see below) about 5working days to lodge
    and cheques about the same

My old job used pay path and I was always paid on the day I was supposed to be.

But my job at the moment just tranferes money to your account
    and I didn't get my money till a week later
    (I opened a BOI account and use my EBS as a savings acc)

the online system is ok .. can't transfere money/pay bills etc *EDIT can't transfere to outside accounts .. if you have multiple acc's you can
    but it lets you view all transactions
    (again personal acc)
    It also lets me view how much money I have in my SSIA

One big plus is that when you ask for a statement, they give it to ya there and then .. except for over 6moths old

Last year I had to produce a yearly statement for a loan
    and I asked EBS, within 3days it was at home, wasn't charged a penny

my friend did the same 1month ago with Ulster bank, and she was charged 16euro

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by pod
    Though they said they will draw up a cheque anytime I need one at no cost!
    Those anonymous cheque are the bain of my life as treasurer and they don't identify the payer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭pod

Do you mean they're anonymous in the sense that it doesn't have the persons signature, and name printed on it?

I suppose it would solve the problem if the person were to write their name & address on the back of the cheque?

Advertisement