Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

question

• 24-07-2003 4:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi guys,
    Im eighteen and have been going out with this girl for about 9 months now. We ready to have sex, but I'm worried about her getting pregnant. I have condoms but after a lot of foreplay, Im kinda "wet" and I'm afraid that if any of my seamen gets on the outside of the condom, she could get pregnant.

This is a genuine post and any help would be greatly appreciated,
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Thats just pre-cum nothing really to worry about,if you are worried about it have the condom on during foreplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

its good to hear that you're being sensible and thinking about this not just rushing into things.

there is a risk if any of the semen gets anywhere near her vagina.

my advice would be to talk to her about it. condoms aren't the most reliable method of contraception. considering you're in a steady relationship maybe you should talk to her about going on the pill.

i went on the pill about three months after i started going out with my boyfriend, we use condoms as well to be safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

There is sperm in pre seminal fluid, so be careful

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I would also suggest that she is on the pill, condoms are not 100% guaranteed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭skipn_easy

I'd agree with the others, discuss her going on the pill and using condoms as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

As paddyc says, pre-cvm does contain sperm, and altought unlikely, it can lead to pregnancy through genital contact. Bottom line, as people have said is be careful

And good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Duritz

Condoms have a special "lube" on the outside of them, that kills sperm on contact. i know it sounds silly, but read the little leaflet that comes with them. I know this is certain with Durex ones. I cant remember what its called, but kills them on contact to stop people worrying about your situation. But like the others said, talk about the pill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Condoms have a special "lube" on the outside of them

I think your wearing them inside out mate!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

wear the extra thick ones with spermicide on em. Also, if possible, your gf should try the pill. Its not fair that men seem to have to shoulder the contraceptive responibility most of the time. (Im a girl btw)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by Duritz
    Condoms have a special "lube" on the outside of them, that kills sperm on contact. i know it sounds silly, but read the little leaflet that comes with them.

Spermicidal gel usually is what it is called, and not all condoms have it on them, so check on the packets of the ones that you buy.

And yes there is sperm in pre-cum, so be careful.

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
Advertisement