Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT-Tallaght

• 24-07-2003 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭

Whose goin back after the summer!!!!???
    Heard of lots of people not goin back!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Moved this here from college work..... seems a better idea for it to be here.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Tallaght has a high drop out rate sadly :( Alot of my friends go there. The engineering courses are hard enough I'd imagine, alot of people with a bad work ethic / lack of interest go there simply to please the parents by going to some form of college.

Of course that isnt true to everyone but I know a couple of people who got 100pts in the leaving simply because they did no work and got accepted into AQA courses in tallght.

Long story short they just aint motivated enough by the oppertunity to earn a degree :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭dendenz

Tallaght is a good college, but the work needs to be put in. I failed Bilogy because I lost interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Engineering is pretty easy to get into, but the amount of work required is unbelieveable, Especially coming into the end of second year.

To keep up a 3.0 gpa is next to impossible unless you are prepared to study all the time.

Advertisement