Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Langer named Ryder Cup captain

• 24-07-2003 10:13pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Bernhard Langer has been named today as captain the European team in the 2004 Ryder Cup at Oakland Hills course in Michigan.

I hope he does as good a job as Sam Torrance did last year.

Also, Hal Sutton has been named as the American captain

See here for more

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If any player deserves the captaincy its Bernie! He and Nick Faldo
    are by far and away the top Ryder Cup players of the modern era on both sides. I belive Faldo is hoping to get one more go at playing, whereas Langer is now past his top game but I think will make a good non=playing captain.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I think its an excellent choice. He lives in the US and has an American wife so that is also a plus.

I believe Woosnam was also going for it but surely he should be waiting until 2010 at Celtic Manor.

Hal Sutton was named a couple of months ago. I remember watching the Ryder Cup last year and a couple of the Sky commentators were talking about Hal Sutton while he was on the practice ground. His nickname on the PGA tour is halimony becuase he has been divorced three times. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Originally posted by bucks73
    I believe Woosnam was also going for it but surely he should be waiting until 2010 at Celtic Manor.

I see Ian Woosnam isn't verry happy that he wasn't told that Bernhard had got the job.

Woosnam slams officials

Advertisement